OT *** NFL 2014 Week 7 results and Week 8 schedule ***
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-22 01:29:01 UTC
The midterm elections are too close to call...and so is this pool. The
four-way tie did get broken up somewhat, but Bob and Sanna aren't out of the
race just yet. Bob was the only player to call Jacksonville's first win of
the season (it turned out I was one week early), and Sanna also scored a
solo point on Miami (a team I turned against 15 minutes before the
deadline). In fact, the weekly win came down to those two on Monday night,
and Pittsburgh's win over Houston gave Bob his first win of the season at
11-4. Admit it, Bob; you were worried when the Texans took that 13-3 lead,
weren't you? Sanna's solo pick on the Texans left her in a three-way tie
for second at 10-5. Meanwhile, I'm now 0-3 when I change my picks, and
those lost points are going to loom large in Week 17, but Susan and Vandar
also had solo picks this week that could come back to haunt them in
December. The Bengals became third shutout victim of the season Susan
backed, and Vandar's 49ers were no match for the momentum from Peyton's
record-breaker (which came a full quarter earlier than I predicted). Those
games put the pair one point behind the overall lead, now shared by Giggles
and me. Fortunately for me, I still have ten weeks left to learn when to
stick to my first instinct.

68 - 10 - Jason
68 - 10 - Giggles
67 - 9 - Vandar
67 - 9 - Susan
65 - 10 - Sanna
57 - 11 - Bob

Unanimous picks: 7-1 last week, 40-18-1 this season

Now a few words about Week 8. First off, it's CBS's last Thursday game of
the season. The deadline for Chargers-Broncos is Thursday at 8pm ET/5pm PT,
of course. We also have another cross-network flex in the early afternoon
window as the Seahawks-Panthers and Texans-Titans games have switched
networks. But the big news is the second of the NFL's three visits to
Wembley Stadium, and the league is testing its fans' resolve by scheduling
it for 2:30pm GMT instead of the usual 6:00. That's mid-morning in the East
Coast and early morning out west. Naturally, to wait until 1pm to pick
either the Lions or Falcons would be cheating, so I'll have to move up the
deadline *on this game only* to 9am ET/6am PT. All other picks, as usual,
are due by 1pm ET/10am PT on Sunday, October 26.

Thursday, October 23
San Diego at Denver - 8:25pm CBS/NFL

Sunday, October 26
Detroit vs. Atlanta (at Wembley Stadium in London) - 9:30am FOX
Seattle at Carolina - 1:00pm CBS
Baltimore at Cincinnati - 1:00pm CBS
Miami at Jacksonville - 1:00pm CBS
St. Louis at Kansas City - 1:00pm FOX
Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX
Buffalo at NY Jets - 1:00pm CBS
Minnesota at Tampa Bay - 1:00pm FOX
Houston at Tennessee - 1:00pm FOX
Philadelphia at Arizona - 4:05pm FOX
Oakland at Cleveland - 4:25pm CBS
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - 4:25pm CBS
Green Bay at New Orleans - 8:30pm NBC

Monday, October 27
Washington at Dallas - 8:30pm ESPN

Byes: NY Giants, San Francisco
--
"If fantasy football is for losers, then I never want to win."
- Michael Smith, 8/16/10 via Twitter
Sanna
2014-10-22 03:26:24 UTC
Ummm. I would hope not. I'm only 2-3 games out. Sheesh, tough crowd.
Bob Rudd
2014-10-22 03:38:13 UTC
On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:29:01 -0400, "Jason Wuthrich"
Post by Jason Wuthrich
The midterm elections are too close to call...and so is this pool. The
four-way tie did get broken up somewhat, but Bob and Sanna aren't out of the
race just yet. Bob was the only player to call Jacksonville's first win of
the season (it turned out I was one week early), and Sanna also scored a
solo point on Miami (a team I turned against 15 minutes before the
deadline). In fact, the weekly win came down to those two on Monday night,
and Pittsburgh's win over Houston gave Bob his first win of the season at
11-4. Admit it, Bob; you were worried when the Texans took that 13-3 lead,
weren't you?
Truthfully, no. If the game had been in Houston though I certainly
would have been.

Bob Rudd
2014-10-22 03:54:08 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
The midterm elections are too close to call...and so is this pool
The midterms aren't too close at all. It's not a good time to be a
Democrat running for any Federal office. Now that the NC Senate
incumbent skipped a debate rather than answer financial impropriety
questions.....another Dem seat will probably swing to the growing
Republican Senate majority.

....odds Mitch though becomes Majority Leader....I'd put at 66 percent
at best. Leadership change and "in the cloakroom mutiny" may be at
hand.

Thursday, October 23
San Diego at Denver - 8:25pm CBS/NFL

Subject to last minute change - San Diego but without covering the
spread and taking the under. Yes, I said the under!

Sunday, October 26
Detroit vs. Atlanta (at Wembley Stadium in London) - 9:30am FOX

Location and travel makes all London games tossups. Detroit for now.

Seattle at Carolina - 1:00pm CBS

Will Seattle win another game? (joke). Carolina as long as Cam's
ankle holds out this week during practice.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - 1:00pm CBS

Who's more desperate for a win? Right now Nati.

Miami at Jacksonville - 1:00pm CBS

Jags on a role! Miami still however wins but doesn't beat the spread.
This may be THE trap of the week.

St. Louis at Kansas City - 1:00pm FOX

KC but only because of their coming off the bye week and giving Reid
an extra week of prep.

Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX

HUGH game for both teams - Da Bears.

Buffalo at NY Jets - 1:00pm CBS

Can Percy have an immediate impact? J-E-T-S Jets! as Harwin, even
knowing 5 basic plays...makes the difference in winning this game.

Minnesota at Tampa Bay - 1:00pm FOX

Vikings for another road team win this week.

Houston at Tennessee - 1:00pm FOX

Yech on this game. Hold your nose as Houston wins a stinker.

Philadelphia at Arizona - 4:05pm FOX

Maybe the best game of the week. The Eagles season may rest on this
game. Advantage however to AZ but only if Palmer finishes the game.

Oakland at Cleveland - 4:25pm CBS

Really, do we have to have this game played? Cleveland and nobody
cares.

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - 4:25pm CBS

Indy, nuff said.

Green Bay at New Orleans - 8:30pm NBC

They both need the win but GB gets it.

Monday, October 27
Washington at Dallas - 8:30pm ESPN

Jerry's World begins to self destruct with this game and a third
string QB. Skins win and cover the spread. Cowboys beging the fall
into the abyss of will they even make the playoffs as a wild card?

Byes: NY Giants, San Francisco

SF has become irrelevant to the NFC playoff discussion. Not so
however for the Giants.
--
"If fantasy football is for losers, then I never want to win."
- Michael Smith, 8/16/10 via Twitter

I'm doing a heck of a lot better with fantasy than I am here but
having just as much fun in both arenas. Thanks again Jason! :-)

(fistbump).
Ron
2014-10-23 05:05:21 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Miami at Jacksonville - 1:00pm CBS
Jags on a role! Miami still however wins but doesn't beat the spread.
This may be THE trap of the week!
Bob, I can almost read your mind. I KNEW you were gonna say this was a
"trap" game, but thought you would pick the Jags to win.

BTW, nice to see Washington finally start their number 1 QB :)
Bob Rudd
2014-10-23 22:37:35 UTC
Post by Ron
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Miami at Jacksonville - 1:00pm CBS
Jags on a role! Miami still however wins but doesn't beat the spread.
This may be THE trap of the week!
Bob, I can almost read your mind. I KNEW you were gonna say this was a
"trap" game, but thought you would pick the Jags to win.
It's very tempting to pick the Jags to win. They have a good enough
offense particularly with the QB change but the defense and special
teams....oy vey!

The Dolphins though....getting very close to taking over the AFC East
but just can't seem to catch a rapidly declining Pats team. It's
almost as though until the Pats let Brady go (one to two years away)
that it will occur. Why Miami picked up Moreno though this season, I
don't understand. Just another Denver RB who became a star because of
the system more than his talent.
Post by Ron
BTW, nice to see Washington finally start their number 1 QB :)
Lol, with any sense, the GM and coaching staff will keep RG3 off the
field until after the bye week. Now, if the Redskins knock off the
Cowboys and some other games break the right way....maybe you bring
RG3 back a game or two early IF he gets full medical clearance and he,
himself, believes he's ready. One thing about him this time that's
different is that he's given every indication that he doesn't want to
rush back, as in the past, just to do so for its own sake. He's
thinking long-term for the franchise and himself which is very smart
IMHO. I still strongly believe, absent more serious injuries, that we
we were going to see RG3 from his first year this season, than we were
from his second one until the ankle dislocation occurred.

McCoy was like Commins the first time he came in as "relief." He
rallied and won. Unlike KC though, I was impressed by how Colt,
post-game, clearly did not have the "deer in the headlights"
appearance that KC always seems to have, whether he was on the winning
side or the losing one.

Gruden has no reason to rush RG3 as well. He's not looking at being a
one and done head coach regardless of record. He gets a pass this
season. OTOH, absent significant injuries next season, he's going to
be expected to field a playoff qualifying caliber team. The Redskins
had that this season until RG3 went down along with Hall and a couple
others on the D side.
Sanna
2014-10-25 14:16:38 UTC
If you must spell out J-E-T-S.....then at least finish the chant properly.
Ron
2014-10-25 18:52:51 UTC

Hilarious!
Sanna
2014-10-25 19:46:51 UTC
Post by Ron
Post by Sanna
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Buffalo at NY Jets - 1:00pm CBS
Can Percy have an immediate impact? J-E-T-S Jets!
If you must spell out J-E-T-S.....then at least finish the chant properly.
http://sportsmasher.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/JEST-Sign.jpg
Hilarious!
Lol. Not surprised.
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-25 17:30:45 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
St. Louis at Kansas City - 1:00pm FOX
KC but only because of their coming off the bye week and giving Reid
an extra week of prep.
Just so you know, the Chiefs did play last week; they beat San Diego on the
road.
Hugh game? Is Hugh Jackman playing? Or Hugh Grant? ;-D
Cheri
2014-10-25 17:41:50 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX
HUGH game for both teams - Da Bears.
Hugh game? Is Hugh Jackman playing? Or Hugh Grant? ;-D
I'm sure it's Hugh Hefner, roughly the same age as Bob. LOL

Cheri
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-25 22:04:18 UTC
Post by Cheri
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX
HUGH game for both teams - Da Bears.
Hugh game? Is Hugh Jackman playing? Or Hugh Grant? ;-D
I'm sure it's Hugh Hefner, roughly the same age as Bob. LOL
The Bears might as well be starting Hugh Hefner on the offensive line, given
how often the Dolphins sacked Jay Cutler last week.
Cheri
LOL
Sanna
2014-10-26 00:14:09 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX
HUGH game for both teams - Da Bears.
Hugh game? Is Hugh Jackman playing? Or Hugh Grant? ;-D
Well if its a Hugh playing for both teams....then Divine Brown says its
probably Hugh Grant.
Sanna
2014-10-22 15:15:37 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
65 - 10 - Sanna
San Diego at Denver - 8:25pm CBS/NFL
DEN
Vandar
2014-10-22 16:11:31 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
The midterm elections are too close to call...and so is this pool.
Denver

Detroit
Seattle
Baltimore
Miami
Kansas City
New England
Buffalo
Tampa Bay
Houston
Arizona
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Green Bay

Dallas
Giggles
2014-10-22 17:32:40 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
[...]
I think your math is off. I know I got 11 right this week and I believe you and Sanna did as well. Bob has 12 right. I think you forgot to add the Monday night game. Still results in the same order, but makes us all look like experts being in the double digits for the week.

69 - 11 - Jason
69 - 11 - Giggles
68 - 10 - Vandar
68 - 10 - Susan
66 - 11 - Sanna
58 - 12 - Bob
Sanna
2014-10-22 18:56:33 UTC
Post by Giggles
I think your math is off. I know I got 11 right this week and I believe
you and Sanna did as well. Bob has 12 right. I think you forgot to add
the Monday night game. Still results in the same order, but makes us all
look like experts being in the double digits for the week.
69 - 11 - Jason
69 - 11 - Giggles
68 - 10 - Vandar
68 - 10 - Susan
66 - 11 - Sanna
58 - 12 - Bob
Yes, you are correct. Thank you for bringing that up. I thought that I had
11. When I got the email from my pool's commish it said 11 as well and
thought that something was off.
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-23 22:11:29 UTC
Post by Giggles
I think your math is off. I know I got 11 right this week and I believe
you
and Sanna did as well. Bob has 12 right. I think you forgot to add the
Monday night game. Still results in the same order, but makes us all
look like experts being in the double digits for the week.
69 - 11 - Jason
69 - 11 - Giggles
68 - 10 - Vandar
68 - 10 - Susan
66 - 11 - Sanna
58 - 12 - Bob
I went back over the picks and upon further review, all six of us were one
point short. It wasn't the Monday night that wasn't counted, but Green
Bay's win over Carolina. All of us had the Packers, and oddly enough, I
didn't give any points for it but I did count it in the unanimous picks
record. Giggles is not charged with a timeout. ;-)

Now to tonight's game. Yes, San Diego won in Denver on a Thursday last
year, but the Broncos' defense has improved greatly since then, and the
Chargers lost at home to a lesser team last week--the same way the Bolts won
in Denver last year, by just winning time of possession but dominating it.
If the Bolts' defense can't get Alex Smith-man off the field, they have no
chance against _only_ the top TD passer in NFL history. Advantage, Denver.
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-23 22:12:24 UTC
... by just winning time of possession but dominating it. ...
That should be "by not just winning..."
Bob Rudd
2014-10-23 22:39:23 UTC
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:11:29 -0400, "Jason Wuthrich"
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Giggles
[...]
That I still have a semblance of a realistic chance given how I
decided to pick this season is a surprise but also an example to the
NFL's commitment to mediocre parody. :-)
Susan
2014-10-22 23:07:07 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

TY, Jason!

San Diego at Denver - Denver
Detroit vs. Atlanta - Detroit
Seattle at Carolina - Seattle
Baltimore at Cincinnati - Cincinnati
Miami at Jacksonville - Miami
St. Louis at Kansas City - Kansas City
Chicago at New England - Chicago
Buffalo at NY Jets -Jets
Minnesota at Tampa Bay - Tampa
Houston at Tennessee - Tennessee
Philadelphia at Arizona - Philadelphia
Oakland at Cleveland - Cleveland
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - Indinappolis
Green Bay at New Orleans - New Orleans
Washington at Dallas - Dallas
Giggles
Denver
Bob Rudd
2014-10-23 22:20:50 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Thursday, October 23
San Diego at Denver - 8:25pm CBS/NFL
changing this pick from SD to Denver.

SD is too banged up to likely win a Thursday night, 4-day turnaround,
game.
Bob Rudd
2014-10-23 22:43:21 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Thursday, October 23
San Diego at Denver - 8:25pm CBS/NFL
changing this pick from SD to Denver.
SD is too banged up to likely win a Thursday night, 4-day turnaround,
game.
In one of my two, 2 QB fantasy leagues (2 QBs, 3RBs, 3WRs, 2TEs,
2Flex, 2Def, 2Kickers and 2IDPs) out of the 20+ I'm in this
season.....I have both Peyton and Rivers as my two QBs.

Obviously I'm rooting for the over, as far as that league is
concerned. LOL!

Again Jason, changed my pick from SD to Denver, as noted above for the
Thursday night game.
Sanna
2014-10-25 13:41:04 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
65 - 10 - Sanna
DET
SEA
BAL
MIA
KC
NE
JETS
TB
HOU
ARI
CLE
IND
GB
DAL
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-25 17:44:22 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Thursday, October 23
San Diego at Denver - 8:25pm CBS/NFL
Bob was right to change his pick. I'm only going to make some of these
picks today and do the rest tomorrow.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Sunday, October 26
Detroit vs. Atlanta (at Wembley Stadium in London) - 9:30am FOX
And this game is part of the reason for the split, because I don't do early
mornings. Anyway, I don't know whether Calvin Johnson will be playing, but
he is travelling with the Lions. Of course, the way Atlanta's defense has
been playing this season, Golden Tate and Joique Bell may be enough.
Advantage, Detroit.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Seattle at Carolina - 1:00pm CBS
It's only Week 8 and Seattle is already facing a must-win, especially
considering Carolina got rung up for 75 points in their last two games
(0-1-1). Advantage, Seahawks.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX
The Bears are just 1-2 against the AFC East this season and they haven't
played the division's top dogs yet. If they can't win at home, they have no
chance in Foxborough. Advantage, Patriots.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - 4:25pm CBS
Advantage, Pitt only because the Colts are on the road.
The home streak ends here. Advantage, Packers.
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-26 14:21:46 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Sunday, October 26
Detroit vs. Atlanta (at Wembley Stadium in London) - 9:30am FOX
And this game is part of the reason for the split, because I don't do early
mornings. Anyway, I don't know whether Calvin Johnson will be playing, but
he is travelling with the Lions. Of course, the way Atlanta's defense has
been playing this season, Golden Tate and Joique Bell may be enough.
Advantage, Detroit.
And right now, it looks like the Lions, on both sides of the ball, are
sleeping in. :-Þ
Giggles
DAL
Bob Rudd
2014-10-26 06:29:12 UTC
Changing my mind.....
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Sunday, October 26
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Seattle at Carolina - 1:00pm CBS
Seattle is the much more desperate team but I'll go with Carolina
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Baltimore at Cincinnati - 1:00pm CBS
Cincinnati
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
St. Louis at Kansas City - 1:00pm FOX
Tough...... KC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Chicago at New England - 1:00pm FOX
Chicago
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Buffalo at NY Jets - 1:00pm CBS
Two new RB's for the Bills.......the Jets stink...... Bills win
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Minnesota at Tampa Bay - 1:00pm FOX
Who cares? Minnesota but I don't feel good about it, or either team
for that matter.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Philadelphia at Arizona - 4:05pm FOX
Philly only because of the bye week
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - 4:25pm CBS
Redskins
Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-26 14:46:08 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Baltimore at Cincinnati - 1:00pm CBS
Now to the rest of this week's picks. Yes, the Ravens have had problems in
southwestern Ohio lately, but I predict the Bengals' two-game winless streak
is going to send them into a tailspin from which they're not going to
recover. Advantage, Ravens.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Miami at Jacksonville - 1:00pm CBS
Don't even need much thought with this one. Advantage, Miami.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
St. Louis at Kansas City - 1:00pm FOX
The Chiefs beat Phillip Rivers on the road, and Austin Davis is no Phillip
Rivers. I'll believe that "next Kurt Warner" talk if the Rams actually get
the playoffs, but advantage, Kansas City.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Buffalo at NY Jets - 1:00pm CBS
Buffalo's top two running back both on IR? This is where things go south.
And Rex Ryan is coaching for his job now and he knows it. Advantage,
J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Minnesota at Tampa Bay - 1:00pm FOX
Pillow fights like this make me thankful these two team are no longer in the
same division. Advantage, Bucs at home.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Houston at Tennessee - 1:00pm FOX
The Titans lost to the team that lost to Jacksonville at home, they lost to
Washington at home, now their RB got arrested. Granted, parking violations
should not warrant a suspension, but advantage, Houston.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Philadelphia at Arizona - 4:05pm FOX
Bob's picking Philly while Giggles is on Arizona. Bob made his picks based
on the Eagles coming off a bye week, and both that was under Andy Reid.
This is only Chip Kelly's second year, so we don't know much about his
bye-week adjustments. So I have to agree with Giggles. Advantage, Arizona.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Oakland at Cleveland - 4:25pm CBS
The Brownies are not going to lose to an 0-6 team two weeks in a row, are
they? The Raiders really do look like a team that can go 0-16 (and the 2008
Lions are really hoping they do). Advantage, Cleveland,
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - 4:25pm CBS
Reggie Wayne is out. My Steelers pick stands.
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Monday, October 27
Washington at Dallas - 8:30pm ESPN
You know Bob is a loyal-to-a-fault DC guy when he picks Washington against
the team with the best RB in the league right now. And for those concerned
about Tony Romo's November struggles, I've got breaking news: it's still
October. Advantage, Dallas.
Ron
J-E-S-T Suck Suck Suck.
Bob Rudd
2014-10-29 17:22:27 UTC
Post by Ron
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Buffalo at NY Jets - 1:00pm CBS
Buffalo's top two running back both on IR? This is where things go
south. And Rex Ryan is coaching for his job now and he knows it.
Advantage, J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets.
J-E-S-T Suck Suck Suck.
You're not kidding. Pathetic.

Not quite as bad as the Raiders but getting there.
Ron
All I can say is, WOW!
Bob Rudd
2014-10-29 17:23:34 UTC
Post by Ron
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Monday, October 27
Washington at Dallas - 8:30pm ESPN
You know Bob is a loyal-to-a-fault DC guy when he picks Washington
against the team with the best RB in the league right now. And for
those concerned about Tony Romo's November struggles, I've got breaking
news: it's still October. Advantage, Dallas.
All I can say is, WOW!
If you live in the metro DC area and see/read the daily Redskin news,
you saw this coming since the prior game ended and the team became
focused on the Cowboys.

Jason Wuthrich
2014-10-28 03:48:14 UTC
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Monday, October 27
Washington at Dallas - 8:30pm ESPN
You know Bob is a loyal-to-a-fault DC guy when he picks Washington against
the team with the best RB in the league right now. And for those concerned
about Tony Romo's November struggles, I've got breaking news: it's still
October. Advantage, Dallas.
My hand is on my penalty flag, Rudd. I don't want to hear anything out you.
But seriously, if I'm Jay Gruden, I'm keeping Griffin on the shelf for a
while longer the way Colt McCoy played the last game and a half.
Bob Rudd
2014-10-29 17:21:33 UTC
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 23:48:14 -0400, "Jason Wuthrich"
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Post by Jason Wuthrich
Monday, October 27
Washington at Dallas - 8:30pm ESPN
You know Bob is a loyal-to-a-fault DC guy when he picks Washington against
the team with the best RB in the league right now. And for those concerned
about Tony Romo's November struggles, I've got breaking news: it's still
October. Advantage, Dallas.
My hand is on my penalty flag, Rudd. I don't want to hear anything out you.
But seriously, if I'm Jay Gruden, I'm keeping Griffin on the shelf for a
while longer the way Colt McCoy played the last game and a half.
You know our history and contentiousness over one-handed and unfair
"flags" without instant replay and being overturned, Jason. I hope
"the rules" apply to everyone equally is enough for me to say about
this.

I'd keep RG3 out until right after the bye week post the next game vs
the Vikings. The Redskins should be able to beat them without him.
Colt, like Kirk Cousins, is not a legit, full-time NFL starting QB but
he's giving the appearance of being better as a short-term reliverer.

If the Skins win this week and enter the bye week at 4-5, the NFC East
again becomes a three team race as the Giants are the team really
without a chance. RG3 healthy is readily able to run off a streak
like 2012 and win the division particularly with the offensive weapons
he has.

Neither Colt nor KC can help Morris get the running game going like
RG3 can. Neither Colt nor KC can get the ball to Garcon on short to
intermediate routes like RG3. That would additionally set up Jackson
to be a very scary deep threat even more than he already is.

The interesting discussion is now taking place in DC. Who's the
backup going to be, McCoy or Cousins. Gruden is considering dressing
three QBs.

I wouldn't bring RG3 back against the Vikings because I think McCoy is
capable of beating them. OTOH, if the Redskins were playing the
Packers, Colts, etc. I'd bring him back right away and make the
gameplan somewhat limited so as to minimize his re-injury potential.

If he's held out until after the bye week though, full game plan from
play one and that includes about 10 read options per game and
expecting him to take off and run with it on half of them.