OT: Losing any of your favorite TV shows?
Larc
2018-05-12 16:19:59 UTC
There has been a bloodbath of TV cancellations announced over the past couple of days
by ABC, FOX, NBC and The CW. Any of your favorites on the list?

Alex, Inc. – ABC
The Brave – NBC
The Crossing – ABC
Deception – ABC
Designated Survivor – ABC
The Exorcist – FOX
Great News – NBC
Kevin (Probably) Saves the World – ABC
The Last Man on Earth – FOX
Life Sentence – CW
Lucifer – FOX
Marvel's Inhumans – ABC
The Mayor – ABC
The Mick – FOX
Quantico – ABC
Rise – NBC
Taken – NBC
Ten Days in the Valley – ABC
Valor – CW

http://tvline.com/2018/05/11/list-of-cancelled-tv-shows-2018-lucifer/

The only ones I watch regularly are Designated Survivor and Lucifer. Of those two,
the one I'll really miss is Lucifer.

FOX also announced cancellation of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but it has since been picked
up by NBC for its 6th season.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/11/brooklyn-nine-nine-renewed-nbc-season-6/

Larc
Patrick Finucane
It's too bad TV doesn't have more show like Frasier or Monk.
Larc
2018-05-12 18:20:51 UTC
On Sat, 12 May 2018 12:19:59 -0400, I wrote:

| There has been a bloodbath of TV cancellations announced over the past couple of days
| by ABC, FOX, NBC and The CW. Any of your favorites on the list?
|
| Alex, Inc. – ABC
| The Brave – NBC
| The Crossing – ABC
| Deception – ABC
| Designated Survivor – ABC
| The Exorcist – FOX
| Great News – NBC
| Kevin (Probably) Saves the World – ABC
| The Last Man on Earth – FOX
| Life Sentence – CW
| Lucifer – FOX
| Marvel's Inhumans – ABC
| The Mayor – ABC
| The Mick – FOX
| Quantico – ABC
| Rise – NBC
| Taken – NBC
| Ten Days in the Valley – ABC
| Valor – CW

CBS is wielding the axe tolday. So far, they've announced cancellations for Scorpion
(Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/scorpion-cancelled-cbs-season-5/

http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/superior-donuts-cancelled-season-3-cbs/

Larc
Zob
2018-05-13 03:07:35 UTC
On Sat, 12 May 2018 14:20:51 -0400, Larc <***@notmyaddress.com>
wrote:

<snip>
Oh crap, I never missed an episode of Scorpion. :-/
Larc
2018-05-13 03:32:59 UTC
On Sat, 12 May 2018 23:07:35 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| On Sat, 12 May 2018 14:20:51 -0400, Larc <***@notmyaddress.com>
| wrote:
|
| <snip>
|
| >CBS is wielding the axe tolday. So far, they've announced cancellations for Scorpion
| >(Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.
| >
| Oh crap, I never missed an episode of Scorpion. :-/

I have a feeling Kat might have been pulling out of Scorpion in favor of other
projects anyway. Her stint in Waitress was supposed to be over before Scorpion was
originally scheduled to go back into production, but other things could be opening up
for her, especially through her relationship with David Foster -- even though he is
only about a year younger than her father. "Sugar Daddy" could be more than just a
term in that situation. ;)

Larc
Zob
2018-05-13 04:29:27 UTC
Post by Larc

| <snip>
|
| >CBS is wielding the axe tolday. So far, they've announced cancellations for Scorpion
| >(Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.
| >
| Oh crap, I never missed an episode of Scorpion. :-/
I have a feeling Kat might have been pulling out of Scorpion in favor of other
projects anyway. Her stint in Waitress was supposed to be over before Scorpion was
originally scheduled to go back into production, but other things could be opening up
for her, especially through her relationship with David Foster -- even though he is
only about a year younger than her father. "Sugar Daddy" could be more than just a
term in that situation. ;)
Can't say I blame either one of them for that mutually beneficial
relationship. I wonder what happened to kat's boy toy that she used
to have.
Nancy Dooley
2018-05-13 12:43:47 UTC
Kate has always had father-figure love interests....nothing new with Foster.

N.
Larc
2018-05-13 17:54:02 UTC
On Sun, 13 May 2018 05:43:47 -0700 (PDT), Nancy Dooley <***@gmail.com> wrote:

| Kate has always had father-figure love interests....nothing new with Foster.

But I'm not aware of any as old as Foster. Kat's ex-husband, Nick Cokas, is 11 years
older than she. While still married, she had a fling with Jack Davenport when they
were on Smash. He's also 11 years older. Then she had another fling with Scorpion
co-star Elyes Gabel. He's less than a year older. But David Foster is more than 34
years older than she is (November 1, 1949 vs. March 25, 1984). He was the age Kat is
now when she was born. Not saying there's anything wrong with it. There's just not
much chance they would get to celebrate dozens of anniversaries if they marry.

Larc
Nancy Dooley
2018-05-13 22:58:51 UTC
Larc, you are correct about Foster being three times the age gap as previous love interests for
McPhee, but maybe that was the problem with the earlier efforts...the men just weren't old enough.
;-))

N.
Lesmond
2018-05-15 13:25:39 UTC
Post by Nancy Dooley
Larc, you are correct about Foster being three times the age gap as previous love interests for
McPhee, but maybe that was the problem with the earlier efforts...the men just weren't old enough.
;-))
LOL! And hasn't she contributed to breaking up a couple of marriages?
--
Do not spray into eyes
I have sprayed you into my eyes
Cheri
2018-05-13 04:41:59 UTC
Post by Zob
<snip>
Post by Larc
CBS is wielding the axe tolday. So far, they've announced cancellations for Scorpion
(Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.
Oh crap, I never missed an episode of Scorpion. :-/
I used to watch it, but I got tired of it this past year so took it off the
DVR.

Cheri
Ron C
2018-05-13 15:44:34 UTC
Post by Cheri
Post by Zob
<snip>
CBS is wielding the axe tolday.  So far, they've announced
cancellations for Scorpion
(Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.
Oh crap, I never missed an episode of Scorpion.  :-/
I used to watch it, but I got tired of it this past year so took it off
the DVR.
Cheri
I haven't missed many episodes but will admit the
stories and sub plots have been getting rather
lame lately. The new character "Florence " has
renewed my interest a bit.
--
==
Later...
Larc
2018-05-13 03:58:17 UTC
On Sat, 12 May 2018 14:20:51 -0400, I wrote:

| CBS is wielding the axe tolday. So far, they've announced cancellations for Scorpion
| (Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.
|
| http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/scorpion-cancelled-cbs-season-5/
|
| http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/superior-donuts-cancelled-season-3-cbs/

Add 2 to the CBS list of cancellations: Kevin Can Wait and 9JKL. Shame about the
latter since Elliott Gould was in it. People will lose the opportunity to see
America's foremost exemplar of two-dimensional acting.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/kevin-can-wait-cancelled-season-3-cbs/

http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/9jkl-cancelled-season-2-cbs-comedy/

Larc
Cheri
2018-05-13 04:43:29 UTC
Post by Larc
| CBS is wielding the axe tolday. So far, they've announced cancellations for Scorpion
| (Katharine McPhee) and Superior Donuts.
|
| http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/scorpion-cancelled-cbs-season-5/
|
| http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/superior-donuts-cancelled-season-3-cbs/
Add 2 to the CBS list of cancellations: Kevin Can Wait and 9JKL. Shame about the
latter since Elliott Gould was in it. People will lose the opportunity to see
America's foremost exemplar of two-dimensional acting.
http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/kevin-can-wait-cancelled-season-3-cbs/
http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/9jkl-cancelled-season-2-cbs-comedy/
Larc
Kevin can wait turned into another King of Queens when they killed the other
wife off, tiresome.

Cheri
SLGreg
2018-05-12 20:02:01 UTC
Post by Larc
[...]
Only one I watch is "Last Man On Earth" and it has been on a
respirator the last two seasons. No great loss.
- greg
Tin@
Yeah, started off good, went to insanity
Cheri
2018-05-12 20:04:15 UTC
Post by Larc
[...]
I have been watching The Crossing, Deception, and Designated Survivor. The
first two really half-heartedly so I don't care, but I do like Designated
Survivor except I can't really get past Keifer Sutherland not being Jack
Bauer. :)

Cheri
Zob
2018-05-13 03:09:07 UTC
Post by Cheri
Post by Larc
[...]
I've been watching the Crossing also but its cancellation doesn't
bother me. It started off with promise and went downhill rapidly from
there. A big snoozer afaic.
Cheri
2018-05-13 04:49:56 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by Cheri
Post by Larc
[...]
Yes, so many of them do that, and some when they have a winner for a few
seasons will go off in a completely different direction and wonder why
people stop watching, and some just pull the show after ending a season with
a cliffhanger. Game of Silence comes to mind, also Tyrant. No respect for
the viewers when they do that IMO.

Cheri
Zob
2018-05-13 05:18:10 UTC
Post by Cheri
Post by Zob
Post by Cheri
Post by Larc
[...]
Yep, that's what happened with Once Upon A time. it was so popular,
then it jumped the track last year when they blew up the very core of
the show, moving it from Storybrooke to a Seattle suburb and losing
most of the main characters. People lost interest in droves. I stuck
with it and ironically, it just started getting good again now that
it's canceled. Figures.
Ron C
2018-05-13 15:44:26 UTC
Post by Cheri
Post by Zob
Post by Cheri
Post by Larc
[...]
For me "The Crossing" seems like a plot device searching for a plot. ;-)
I agree that it showed promise but hasn't delivered much substance.
--
==
Later..
Larc
2018-05-13 16:01:40 UTC
On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:44:26 -0400, Ron C <***@verizon.net> wrote:

| For me "The Crossing" seems like a plot device searching for a plot. ;-)
| I agree that it showed promise but hasn't delivered much substance.

I liked the premise when I first heard about it and still do. It has terrific
potential. But they were totally on the wrong track with what they did with it, IMO.

Larc
Cheri
2018-05-13 16:15:21 UTC
Post by Ron C
Post by Cheri
Post by Zob
Post by Cheri
Post by Larc
[...]
At least I know it's being canceled so won't invest any more time in it.

Cheri
Nancy Dooley
2018-05-13 01:39:47 UTC
That list doesn't affect me at all. I generally watch Discovery, History, NatGeo and Science
channels. The only network shows I watch are Roseanne, Big Bang Theory, and Splitting
Up Together. Well, plus DWTS, AI, and AGT.

N.
Zob
2018-05-13 03:10:46 UTC
On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:39:47 -0700 (PDT), Nancy Dooley
Post by Nancy Dooley
That list doesn't affect me at all. I generally watch Discovery, History, NatGeo and Science
channels. The only network shows I watch are Roseanne, Big Bang Theory, and Splitting
Up Together. Well, plus DWTS, AI, and AGT.
N.
What?! No "Young Sheldon?" I'm surprised,if you watch the Big Bang
Theory especially. YS is one of my favorite, do-not-miss shows!
And yes, Roseann is a hoot! Every bit as funny as it was all those
years ago.
Ron C
2018-05-13 15:44:15 UTC
Post by Nancy Dooley
That list doesn't affect me at all. I generally watch Discovery, History, NatGeo and Science
channels. The only network shows I watch are Roseanne, Big Bang Theory, and Splitting
Up Together. Well, plus DWTS, AI, and AGT.
N.
What?! No "Young Sheldon?" I'm surprised,if you watch the Big Bang
Theory especially. YS is one of my favorite, do-not-miss shows!
And yes, Roseann is a hoot! Every bit as funny as it was all those
years ago.
I'll admit to having watched every episode of "Big Bang Theory"
and will also admit to being disappointed by most of them. :-(
I can't stand Sheldon so only watched "Young Sheldon" once
or twice and never again.
[YMMV]
--
==
Later...
Cheri
2018-05-13 16:11:38 UTC
"Ron C" <***@verizon.net> wrote in message
Post by Ron C
I can't stand Sheldon so only watched "Young Sheldon" once
or twice and never again.
[YMMV]
--
==
Later...
Ron C
--
I watched it once also, didn't care for it, but then most shows with a kid
as the star don't do it for me at all.

Cheri
Giggles
I don't watch any of those. Maybe that's why they are being cancelled.
Zob
Grrrr... You're such a troublemaker!
Zob
2018-05-13 03:06:11 UTC
Post by Larc
[...]
Yes. I started off disliking "Rise" because it seemed like a cheap
Glee knockoff. But I stuck with it, and as the season went on and I
got to know the characters it got better and better and better. Now I
*hate* that it's being canceled.
But at least it's the kind of show where they can wrap it up without a
bunch of loose ends if they do it right on the series finale. What I
hate most is when shows are canceled that never are given a chance to
be brought to a conclusion and are just dropped leaving the fans
hanging.
f***@gmail.com
2018-05-14 02:13:38 UTC
Regarding the list, the only one I'm really disappointed to see go is Designated Survivor. I never missed an episode. So good!

Moni
Micki
2018-05-14 13:24:04 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
Regarding the list, the only one I'm really disappointed to see go is Designated Survivor. I never missed an episode. So good!
Moni
I am with you on this. i will miss it a lot.

Micki

---
http://www.avg.com
Nancy Dooley
2018-05-15 13:43:07 UTC
Post by Micki
Post by f***@gmail.com
Regarding the list, the only one I'm really disappointed to see go is Designated Survivor. I never missed an episode. So good!
Moni
I am with you on this. i will miss it a lot.
Micki
---
http://www.avg.com
I am in the minority here, but Sutherland makes my skin crawl.....have never watched either one of his series.

N.
Larc
2018-05-15 15:18:28 UTC
On Tue, 15 May 2018 06:43:07 -0700 (PDT), Nancy Dooley <***@gmail.com> wrote:

| On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 8:24:05 AM UTC-5, Micki wrote:
| > On 5/13/2018 10:13 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
| > > Regarding the list, the only one I'm really disappointed to see go is Designated Survivor. I never missed an episode. So good!
| > >
| > > Moni
| > >
| > I am with you on this. i will miss it a lot.
| >
| > Micki
| >
| > ---
| > http://www.avg.com
|
| I am in the minority here, but Sutherland makes my skin crawl.....have never watched either one of his series.

I think there's something just a bit seedy looking about him. Even as the President
in Designated Survivor, he somehow has the look of a longtime homeless person who's
been cleaned up and dressed in an off-the-rack suit.

Larc
Cheri
2018-05-15 15:58:40 UTC
Post by Larc
On Tue, 15 May 2018 06:43:07 -0700 (PDT), Nancy Dooley
| > > Regarding the list, the only one I'm really disappointed to see go
is Designated Survivor. I never missed an episode. So good!

| > > Moni
| > >
| > I am with you on this. i will miss it a lot.
| >
| > Micki
| >
| > ---
| > http://www.avg.com
|
| I am in the minority here, but Sutherland makes my skin crawl.....have
never watched either one of his series.
I think there's something just a bit seedy looking about him. Even as the President
in Designated Survivor, he somehow has the look of a longtime homeless person who's
been cleaned up and dressed in an off-the-rack suit.
Larc
He has played some seedy characters for sure, and Eye For An Eye comes to
mind, but as the POTUS I think they were going for an everyday person who
didn't want the presidency but was thrust into it by events.

Cheri
Cheri
2018-05-15 15:56:26 UTC
Post by Nancy Dooley
Post by Micki
Post by f***@gmail.com
Regarding the list, the only one I'm really disappointed to see go is
Designated Survivor. I never missed an episode. So good!
Moni
I am with you on this. i will miss it a lot.
Micki
---
http://www.avg.com
I am in the minority here, but Sutherland makes my skin crawl.....have
never watched either one of his series.
N.
I love him as an actor, and in 24. I have watched DS since it started, but
it has sort of gone of the rails to me. I won't really miss it.

Cheri
Zob
2018-05-15 23:24:44 UTC
Post by Nancy Dooley
I am in the minority here, but Sutherland makes my skin crawl.....have never watched either one of his series.
Well, I'm right there in that minority with you Nancy.