OT: DWTS Season 29 Cast of "stars" was annouinced on GMA this morning
2020-09-02 12:39:31 UTC
*Sigh*
They're using the term "Stars" pretty loosely again. I've only even
heard of two or three of them. And the only one I'm actually familiar
with is Olympic champion figure skater (and figure skating
commentator) Johnny Weir.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/dancing-stars-2020-meet-season-29-celebrity-cast-72732093
Larc
2020-09-02 14:26:21 UTC
On Wed, 02 Sep 2020 08:39:31 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| *Sigh*
| They're using the term "Stars" pretty loosely again. I've only even
| heard of two or three of them. And the only one I'm actually familiar
| with is Olympic champion figure skater (and figure skating
| commentator) Johnny Weir.
|

| https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/dancing-stars-2020-meet-season-29-celebrity-cast-72732093

Using "stars" *loosely*? LOL! That's very charitable. I'd say they are using the
word fraudulently in most cases. But it can't be easy for them to get contestants
for DWTS. They probably couldn't afford real stars, who may not have the time even
if they had any interest in being on the show and their managers would let them get
involved in something as professionally tacky. So DWTS has mainly been limited to
washed-up has beens and never weres. And it gets consistently worse as the show
ages.

I've heard of about the same number of these "stars" as you have. ;)

Larc
Michael Falkner
2020-09-03 05:51:01 UTC
I said this four seasons ago -- they either need to get people that the audience wants to see, or they need to put a bow on this thing.

Mike