CRAP! Soaps pre-empted again today with impeachment proceedings
Zob
2019-12-04 18:37:48 UTC
Look, I fully understand the importance and historical implications of
impeachment proceedings against a U.S. President. But FFS there are
20 cable news channels PLUS several public service channels (3
C-Spans, etc.). Why are the networks cramming this down our throats
on every network? Where are the choices! We all have DVR's.

I mean, I am *very* politically involved. Probably a good 70% of my
television viewing is news and political talk shows; I find it
interesting and the only way I have of having input into how the
government affects me is by being informed and voting. BUt this is
ridiculous. If I, as an avid devourer of political news and someone
who would love nothing better than to see this horrid President
removed from office, have reached the point of overload, anger and
fried-brain at the networks for not putting this on their NEWS
networks -- then how much more is the average American who is NOT a
normal follower of politics frustrated and PO'd at the coverage
oversaturation?

Sorry for the rant, but it really frosts my buns.
Zob
2019-12-04 18:40:28 UTC
Post by Zob
[...]
*Sigh*
I wasted a perfectly good rant by posting it to the wrong newsgroup.
LOL!
Giggles
Not wasted. My kindness calendar said I had to listen to someone rant without judging. So I listened. And I didn't judge you...today. LOL
Zob
LOL! <3
Larc
2019-12-05 14:34:37 UTC
On Wed, 04 Dec 2019 13:37:48 -0500, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| Look, I fully understand the importance and historical implications of
| impeachment proceedings against a U.S. President. But FFS there are
| 20 cable news channels PLUS several public service channels (3
| C-Spans, etc.). Why are the networks cramming this down our throats
| on every network? Where are the choices! We all have DVR's.
|
| I mean, I am *very* politically involved. Probably a good 70% of my
| television viewing is news and political talk shows; I find it
| interesting and the only way I have of having input into how the
| government affects me is by being informed and voting. BUt this is
| ridiculous. If I, as an avid devourer of political news and someone
| who would love nothing better than to see this horrid President
| removed from office, have reached the point of overload, anger and
| fried-brain at the networks for not putting this on their NEWS
| networks -- then how much more is the average American who is NOT a
| normal follower of politics frustrated and PO'd at the coverage
| oversaturation?
|
| Sorry for the rant, but it really frosts my buns.

And it's all a total waste of time since nothing will come of impeachment efforts.
We'll have about the same chance of getting rid of Trump prior to the end of his 2nd
term that the Germans had of getting rid of Hitler. Just as "good" little Nazis kept
him in power, the current US version of them will keep Emperor Trump on the throne.

Larc
Zob
2019-12-05 21:24:06 UTC

Yep. Facts ceased to matter to America in 2016.
Patrick Finucane
2019-12-06 01:00:18 UTC
Post by Larc
| Look, I fully understand the importance and historical implications of
| impeachment proceedings against a U.S. President. But FFS there are
| 20 cable news channels PLUS several public service channels (3
| C-Spans, etc.). Why are the networks cramming this down our throats
| on every network? Where are the choices! We all have DVR's.
|
| I mean, I am *very* politically involved. Probably a good 70% of my
| television viewing is news and political talk shows; I find it
| interesting and the only way I have of having input into how the
| government affects me is by being informed and voting. BUt this is
| ridiculous. If I, as an avid devourer of political news and someone
| who would love nothing better than to see this horrid President
| removed from office, have reached the point of overload, anger and
| fried-brain at the networks for not putting this on their NEWS
| networks -- then how much more is the average American who is NOT a
| normal follower of politics frustrated and PO'd at the coverage
| oversaturation?
|
| Sorry for the rant, but it really frosts my buns.
And it's all a total waste of time since nothing will come of impeachment efforts.
We'll have about the same chance of getting rid of Trump prior to the end of his 2nd
term that the Germans had of getting rid of Hitler. Just as "good" little Nazis kept
him in power, the current US version of them will keep Emperor Trump on the throne.
Larc
Republicans do not believe in the US. They believe in dictators and bullies and nastiness. History will be harsh on them but they won't care, they'll be dead.