Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon's new song "I Don't Want To Go To Nashville"
2021-01-26 02:46:59 UTC
This just came out last week (geez, even his songs are coming out,
lol).
I actually love this. It's so simple and catchy. Just him with a
guitar and a couple of background vocals.

Zob
2021-01-26 05:41:52 UTC
Post by Zob
This just came out last week (geez, even his songs are coming out,
lol).
I actually love this. It's so simple and catchy. Just him with a
guitar and a couple of background vocals.
http://youtu.be/jZ__HGCA0m8
OK, I've already got a serious earworm of this song. I've listened to
it about 10 times and like it more every time I hear it.

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon
Mama, I Don't Wanna Go To Nashville
Mama, I don't wanna go to Nashville
They don't understand me there
I don't wanna sing no country song
Don't wanna walk the line
I don't wanna learn the business
I'm busy in my garden
If I never see how famous I could be
I'll be just fine

Mama, I don't wanna go to New York
to many people there
I don't wanna dance on Broadway nah
I can hardly keep in time
I don't wanna live no city life
So I just sit here in my backyard
If I never see my name in lights
I think I'll be just fine

Ma, tell me why Things don't happen The way we think; the way we dream
Of all the places in God's great big world Where shall I go? At least
I know

Mama, I don't wanna go to LA
They don't even have an Autumn there
I don't wanna work in Hollywood
Never cared enough for style
I don't wanna be a star no more
They're shining clearly in the sky now
If I never see my face up on the screen
I'll be just fine

If I never see my name in lights
I think I'll be just fine
If I never see how famous I could be
I'll be just fine
I'll be alright here in my garden,
Ma I'll be just fine here, Ma
Larc
2021-01-26 14:24:49 UTC
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 21:46:59 -0500, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| This just came out last week (geez, even his songs are coming out,
| lol).
| I actually love this. It's so simple and catchy. Just him with a
| guitar and a couple of background vocals.
|
| http://youtu.be/jZ__HGCA0m8

Great! Thanks for linking. It even has a cohesive melody, something extremely rare
in today's music. Maybe too retro sounding for some. Don't know why, but I can
almost hear Cass Elliot singing it.

Larc