OT: World of Dance
2020-06-18 05:42:06 UTC
Is anybody else watching this show? I had never seen it before
because I had pretty much OD'd on reality competition shows for a
while. But now with the coronavirus killing my regular scripted shows
I started watching this. And I love it! All types of dancers
competing and the judges are Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough and Ne-Yo.
I've never seen a group of judges so honest and telling it like it is.
They're not passing anybody or any group through the auditions that
isn't truly phenomenal. And some of these dancers are mind-bendingly
good.

It airs on NBC after AGT.
Larc
2020-06-18 12:55:57 UTC
On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 01:42:06 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| Is anybody else watching this show? I had never seen it before
| because I had pretty much OD'd on reality competition shows for a
| while. But now with the coronavirus killing my regular scripted shows
| I started watching this. And I love it! All types of dancers
| competing and the judges are Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough and Ne-Yo.
| I've never seen a group of judges so honest and telling it like it is.
| They're not passing anybody or any group through the auditions that
| isn't truly phenomenal. And some of these dancers are mind-bendingly
| good.

Sounds interesting. I'm not watching now, but may break down and try it if I can
tolerate JLo's attention whoring. No reality shows other than Idol are on my watch
list since I usually prefer either scripted shows or no shows. Not that some
"reality" shows aren't heavily scripted, whether actually or resulting from editing.

Larc
Zob
2020-06-19 02:34:04 UTC
Post by Larc
| Is anybody else watching this show? I had never seen it before
| because I had pretty much OD'd on reality competition shows for a
| while. But now with the coronavirus killing my regular scripted shows
| I started watching this. And I love it! All types of dancers
| competing and the judges are Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough and Ne-Yo.
| I've never seen a group of judges so honest and telling it like it is.
| They're not passing anybody or any group through the auditions that
| isn't truly phenomenal. And some of these dancers are mind-bendingly
| good.
Sounds interesting. I'm not watching now, but may break down and try it if I can
tolerate JLo's attention whoring. No reality shows other than Idol are on my watch
list since I usually prefer either scripted shows or no shows. Not that some
"reality" shows aren't heavily scripted, whether actually or resulting from editing.
Larc
Check out this dance trio from France from this week's World of Dance
auditions. They're called, "Géométrie Variable". I'd never seen
anything like it.

One of the things I like about this show's auditions is that the
judges can vote "yes", "no", or "callback" for advancing to the next
level of competition. If they like an act but think they haven't
seen their full potential or if they want to give them another chance,
they can vote to give them a "callback;" an opportunity to come back
and show them in improvement.

The AGT auditions have been better than usual this season, too. The
addition of Sofia Vergara to the judging panel along with Simon, Heidi
and Howie has been a winner. I love Sofia and her chemistry with the
other judges is great.
It will be interesting to see what's coming. There was an empty
judge's chair in this week's (pre-recorded) AGT audition show, and
they said Heidi Klum was sick. Word has it that someone from Sofia's
"Modern Family" show will temporarily be taking Heidi's place.