American Idol to continue with live performances
Larc
2020-04-14 20:59:00 UTC
ABC has announced that Idol will keep on going with live shows in spite of
coronavirus. Performances will be from remote locations, probably contestants' homes
in many cases. With no live audiences, we probably won't be hearing singers at their
best. Whatever, I'm afraid we'll get a future low on meaningful performing by
contestants, but huge on indigestible doses of judges and Bobby Bones.

https://tvline.com/2020/04/14/american-idol-season-18-live-episodes-remote-plan-full-schedule/

Larc
Zob
2020-04-14 22:54:42 UTC
Post by Larc
ABC has announced that Idol will keep on going with live shows in spite of
coronavirus. Performances will be from remote locations, probably contestants' homes
in many cases. With no live audiences, we probably won't be hearing singers at their
best. Whatever, I'm afraid we'll get a future low on meaningful performing by
contestants, but huge on indigestible doses of judges and Bobby Bones.
https://tvline.com/2020/04/14/american-idol-season-18-live-episodes-remote-plan-full-schedule/
Larc
What a shame. And in what really had shaped up to be possibly the
best top 20 in Idol history. Personally I wish they had just
postponed the live shows until the fall or whenever this coronavirus
crisis is over.
Larc
2020-04-15 01:20:38 UTC
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:54:42 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| What a shame. And in what really had shaped up to be possibly the
| best top 20 in Idol history. Personally I wish they had just
| postponed the live shows until the fall or whenever this coronavirus
| crisis is over.

I agree. But ABC probably already has their fall schedule mostly set up complete
with advertising commitments and didn't feel they could easily change it. It sounds
as if they will be pretty much sticking with their previously announced Idol
calendar.

Larc
Giggles
2020-04-17 03:12:57 UTC
I heard today that The Voice will be doing the same thing.
Larc
2020-04-17 13:47:48 UTC
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:12:57 -0700 (PDT), Giggles <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| > I agree. But ABC probably already has their fall schedule mostly set up complete
| > with advertising commitments and didn't feel they could easily change it. It sounds
| > as if they will be pretty much sticking with their previously announced Idol
| > calendar.
| >
| > Larc
|
| I heard today that The Voice will be doing the same thing.

I'm not expecting much from Idol and will be amazed if their setup works well. The
Voice is thankfully no longer on my watch list.

Larc

Giggles
2020-04-15 01:21:03 UTC
Post by Larc
ABC has announced that Idol will keep on going with live shows in spite of
coronavirus. Performances will be from remote locations, probably contestants' homes
in many cases. With no live audiences, we probably won't be hearing singers at their
best. Whatever, I'm afraid we'll get a future low on meaningful performing by
contestants, but huge on indigestible doses of judges and Bobby Bones.
https://tvline.com/2020/04/14/american-idol-season-18-live-episodes-remote-plan-full-schedule/
Larc
Mixed feelings on this. These kids quit jobs to compete, I assume. So they will need the money. But this won't give us any idea how they will be in concert. A lot of famous singers are doing mini home concerts through social media. Not all of them sound good unplugged. But then there are lots of distractions like dogs barking and toddlers kicking the baby in the head. There are technical problems like the video freezing or the sound going out. I say let them perform each week but no voting. Just let them entertain.