Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon's new album was realeased today
2020-03-27 15:00:59 UTC
I can't say I'm very impressed. IDK, I was a huge fan when he was on
AI. Maybe some of these songs will grow on me like Adam Lambert's did
after a while. But they seem kind of bland. I'm not quite sure what
you'd call the genre.

https://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Lloyd-Harmon/dp/B072YYMYRD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=jeremiah+lloyd+harmon&qid=1585321002&s=dmusic&sr=1-1
Larc
2020-03-28 15:20:46 UTC
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:00:59 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| I can't say I'm very impressed. IDK, I was a huge fan when he was on
| AI. Maybe some of these songs will grow on me like Adam Lambert's did
| after a while. But they seem kind of bland. I'm not quite sure what
| you'd call the genre.
|
| https://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Lloyd-Harmon/dp/B072YYMYRD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=jeremiah+lloyd+harmon&qid=1585321002&s=dmusic&sr=1-1

Singers too often listen to industry "experts" and get led into kinds of music that
carry the perception of being more sellable than what they really love singing.
That's too bad since I suspect some who don't do so well would have done better if
they had stuck to their guns. Another huge problem for somebody such as JLH is the
general feeling it's a cardinal sin to record a cover. That's one of the stupidest
things that ever existed. Singers used to do that all the time, so weren't forced to
fight a losing battle of supply and demand and rely on such ill-written garbage as
they regularly do now.

Larc
Zob
2020-03-28 17:05:40 UTC
Post by Larc

| I can't say I'm very impressed. IDK, I was a huge fan when he was on
| AI. Maybe some of these songs will grow on me like Adam Lambert's did
| after a while. But they seem kind of bland. I'm not quite sure what
| you'd call the genre.
|
| https://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Lloyd-Harmon/dp/B072YYMYRD/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=jeremiah+lloyd+harmon&qid=1585321002&s=dmusic&sr=1-1
Singers too often listen to industry "experts" and get led into kinds of music that
carry the perception of being more sellable than what they really love singing.
That's too bad since I suspect some who don't do so well would have done better if
they had stuck to their guns.
Yes; in fact, that's exactly what had happened to David Archuleta. He
ended up with that ridiculous flop of a bubble gum pop album that was
nothing like his fans wanted to hear. But finally David has released
a catchy new song that he wrote, and it's obvious from the video that
he loved doing it. I hope it takes off for him and is the start of
his big break, finally.
Post by Larc
Another huge problem for somebody such as JLH is the
general feeling it's a cardinal sin to record a cover. That's one of the stupidest
things that ever existed. Singers used to do that all the time, so weren't forced to
fight a losing battle of supply and demand and rely on such ill-written garbage as
they regularly do now.
Yes. That is exactly what Simon Cowell does with the X-Factor winners
and other popular contestants each year; they pre-record a cover of a
well-known song and it's immediately released as a single after the
show is over. Striking while the iron is hot so to speak. And they
have #1 hits each year.

It's too bad Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon wasn't able to do that, and
immediately release a new studio recording and video of one of the
fantastic songs he did on Idol -- something like the Elton John song,
"We All Fall In Love Sometime."
Of course I'm grumbling because he was eliminated in 6th place, lol.