Stimulus Check
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-30 16:14:29 UTC
The folks in the US are about to get a one time check for $1,200. Is this a joke? I have no idea how $1,200 will stimulate the economy. I see it stimulating the con artists and scammers and others ready to financially rape the US.

There are approximately 300 million people. If all 300 million got a $1,200 check that comes out to 420 billion dollars. And the stimulus package is for 2 trillion. Where'd the other 1.5 trillion go to? Our betters? The rich? Lots of billions to be stolen from us.

The rich are not my betters. They live lives of greed. They are more concerned with quantity, not quality.

I will say capitalism failed us. We've been conned for too long. The rich, in our system, pay people unlivable wages. Millions of people in the US get assistance for food and shelter. In the richest nation in the world. We aren't rich. We have rich people that prey on the lower class and they get rich off our backs and we stay poor. They are your and my betters. They live in greed. They complain how much taxes they pay. And why shouldn't they when they have all the money? These aholes can afford steaks and caviar each day. We can't. Because we get the pay the rich are willing to give us.

Teachers of our children are paid so little they've gone on strike to get a livable wage. How sad our educators are not respected by our betters,

The job you have or had. Was it important? Are you worth the little pay you receive because you are doing menial or unskilled work? No wonder the US collapsed financially in two weeks of this virus. Nobody has any money but our betters; the rich. They grease the politicians to benefit themselves, not society.

For too long we have had this financial model of paying others poorly. I am at the point I support the mobs marching down the streets carrying the heads of the rich on pikes. Maybe we can eat some cake.

No wonder the US is a financial mess. We reward the rich handsomely and reward the rest of us with a lump of coal. Time to change. Things will change after we have the virus under control. It is time to change society. Allow us to be paid and have the ability to live. And quit spending hundreds of billions on defense to kill others and wasting money instead of helping others out.

I am a progressive and proud to be one. May I live to see AOC as a female president to lead the US into better times.
The_LA_Flash
Speaking of AOC I saw trump being interviewed this morning on Fox and Friends and he was talking about her and "the plus 3" the amazing thing to me is "AOC and the plus 3" are still staying in his head rent free. Hahaha
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-31 01:47:41 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Post by Patrick Finucane
[...]
I think all Republicans should get on their knees and apologize to all Americans for being such boneheads for voting for Trump.

Anyone still supporting him are brain dead meat heads.
Zob
2020-03-31 01:18:51 UTC
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 09:14:29 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Finucane
Post by Patrick Finucane
[...]
Here's the breakdown of where the stimulus is earmarked for.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-anatomy-of-the-2-trillion-covid-19-stimulus-bill/

Keep in mind that the $500Billion earmarked for "Large Corporations"
(1/4 of the total package) is the controversial past. Congress wrote
into the bill, which Trump signed off on, that Congress would have
oversight of all the disbarments of the stimulus - as is demanded by
the U.S. Constitution which gives Congress control of the nation's
purse strings. BUT... Trump has already outright said that HE will
control the $500 billion corporate fund and HE will decide where it
goes. It's being called Trump's "slush fund."
Trump is flat out saying that Congress will have absolutely no say or
oversight, and he's even claiming that he doesn't even have to report
to Congress where he spent the money! Which, of course, is the very
definition of corruption. Trump thinks he can use the money to enrich
himself and his businesses and his friends no doubt.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/3/28/21197995/coronavirus-stimulus-trump-inspector-general-wont-comply
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-31 02:22:48 UTC
Post by Patrick Finucane
[...]
Just like Corona is changing the world, Trump is changing the US for the worse.

Thanks for providing the breakdown. I think more should be given to local govt, less to corporations. For my entire lifetime corporations have been paying people as little as possible. So the people in the US are broke. They can't handle a $400 emergency. I think people should be paid wages that permit them to live. I am tired of the mass of Americans supporting and providing the lifestyles of the rich. The rich are NOT my betters. If they shit like me and put on pants like me, they are like me, not superior.

I expect in years from now we will learn Trump and his gang gangraped the US financially like hardened prisoners. They lack morality and ethics so stealing what isn't nailed down will not bother them.

I may be blown away if the stimulus does anything for the economy. A one time check of $1,200 is jack shit in my mind. I hope the result of this is a change in the federal minimum wage where people are paid a livable wage, not a wage so the rich can buy more steaks for themselves and screw the rest of us. The rich are not my superiors. They are not my betters. They are simply human beings.

Trump is just lucky that people are scared of him. If I had any power he'd be perp marched out of the White House and into a cell and given shit food and be told to rot in hell. I am not scared if him like Republicans are. They simply put their jobs ahead of country.

This stimulus is a slush fund. its also a con job and a scam and a tragedy.

I worked as a computer programmer. In my job I had to think and use logic. People that voted for Trump lost the ability to think long ago and expect authoritarians to tell them how to act and think. Sadly we had too many stupid people vote for a manbaby, a victim in life, a loser all due to Obama, a racist. I feel sorry that the US has so many millions of unintelligent people. We could be #1 in stupidity. Anyone that is still supporting Trump has my contempt.