Reminder: Idol Hollywood Week starts Monday night
Larc
2020-03-14 16:53:21 UTC
For anybody who may have been avoiding the audition shows as I have, Monday night may
be a good time to return. Hollywood Week will be handled somewhat differently this
season. Gone are the initial lineups with random short performances and the groups.
Genres will start things out with contestants singing something in their favorite
genres, although I'm guessing that won't be too unlike lineups. Then, we'll get
duets by contestants who will set up their own pairings and do song arrangements.
Solos with the band will wind things up before the usual Top 40 trip to Hawaii for
Showcase performances and trimming down to 20.

Larc
Zob
2020-03-15 07:50:13 UTC
Post by Larc
For anybody who may have been avoiding the audition shows as I have, Monday night may
be a good time to return. Hollywood Week will be handled somewhat differently this
season. Gone are the initial lineups with random short performances and the groups.
Genres will start things out with contestants singing something in their favorite
genres, although I'm guessing that won't be too unlike lineups. Then, we'll get
duets by contestants who will set up their own pairings and do song arrangements.
Solos with the band will wind things up before the usual Top 40 trip to Hawaii for
Showcase performances and trimming down to 20.
Larc
I like the idea of duets. The dumbass group round was the worst part
of American Idol; the poor kids scrambling to try to find a group of
others to sing with had nothing to do with how they sing.Ay least now
it will be a matter of just finding one other. And it should showcase
the individual voices better.
Zob
2020-03-15 07:52:33 UTC
Post by Larc
For anybody who may have been avoiding the audition shows as I have, Monday night may
be a good time to return. Hollywood Week will be handled somewhat differently this
season. Gone are the initial lineups with random short performances and the groups.
Genres will start things out with contestants singing something in their favorite
genres, although I'm guessing that won't be too unlike lineups. Then, we'll get
duets by contestants who will set up their own pairings and do song arrangements.
Solos with the band will wind things up before the usual Top 40 trip to Hawaii for
Showcase performances and trimming down to 20.
Larc
BTW, stay safe and healthy, Larc. I'm taking pretty extreme
precautions since I already have a chronic lung disease; I'm in the
most vulnerable group for COVID-19. But I'm not too worried since I'm
being very careful to protect myself.
Larc
2020-03-15 14:13:22 UTC
On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 03:52:33 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 12:53:21 -0400, Larc <***@notmyaddress.com>
| wrote:
|
| >For anybody who may have been avoiding the audition shows as I have, Monday night may
| >be a good time to return. Hollywood Week will be handled somewhat differently this
| >season. Gone are the initial lineups with random short performances and the groups.
| >Genres will start things out with contestants singing something in their favorite
| >genres, although I'm guessing that won't be too unlike lineups. Then, we'll get
| >duets by contestants who will set up their own pairings and do song arrangements.
| >Solos with the band will wind things up before the usual Top 40 trip to Hawaii for
| >Showcase performances and trimming down to 20.
| >
| >Larc
|
| BTW, stay safe and healthy, Larc. I'm taking pretty extreme
| precautions since I already have a chronic lung disease; I'm in the
| most vulnerable group for COVID-19. But I'm not too worried since I'm
| being very careful to protect myself.

Zob, glad to hear you're being careful. Doing the same here. There are already 11
reported cases in my area. I'm also vulnerable due to age and controlled type 2
diabetes and am staying in. Since I live alone and rarely have visitors except
friends in my age group who have now also decided to stay in, my contacts will pretty
much be limited to medical appointments once or twice a month. So lots of computer,
TV and phone calls for the duration.

Larc