Something Humorous
Patrick Finucane
2020-04-18 00:58:31 UTC

Giggles
2020-04-20 05:30:40 UTC
Post by Patrick Finucane
http://youtu.be/wfrs6kg8uaI
I've seen toilet paper earings too. When this is all over, if I survive, I'm thinking of having a roll bronzed and made into a trophy that says "I survived the toilet paper shortage of 2020...and oh yeah...pandemic too."
Larc
2020-04-20 13:10:30 UTC
On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 22:30:40 -0700 (PDT), Giggles <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 7:58:33 PM UTC-5, Patrick Finucane wrote:
| > http://youtu.be/wfrs6kg8uaI
|
| I've seen toilet paper earings too. When this is all over, if I survive, I'm thinking of having a roll bronzed and made into a trophy that says "I survived the toilet paper shortage of 2020...and oh yeah...pandemic too."

Survival is good. :)

There would have been plenty of toilet paper for everybody if so many people hadn't
bought much more than they would need in a year. Once this crisis is over, tp sales
will likely be low since hoarders will still be so overstocked.

Larc
Patrick Finucane
2020-04-20 17:25:43 UTC

When I lived in Hawaii many years ago the longshoremen threatened to go on strike. All goods that arrived in Hawaii came in on the boats so a strike was bad for business. This one guy bought enough toilet paper to entirely fill a two bedroom apartment from floor to ceiling. Due to a prior longshoreman's strike, toilet paper was a scarce commodity and this guy remembered that and thought he'd make a killing off of toilet paper this time. And then the longshoreman decided not to strike and the man ended up with a 2 bedroom apartment with no room to sleep and no kitchen to eat in due to his mass of toilet paper. The story was reported in the newspaper and gave folks something to chuckle about.
Zob
2020-04-21 12:57:35 UTC
Post by Larc
| > http://youtu.be/wfrs6kg8uaI
|
| I've seen toilet paper earings too. When this is all over, if I survive, I'm thinking of having a roll bronzed and made into a trophy that says "I survived the toilet paper shortage of 2020...and oh yeah...pandemic too."
Survival is good. :)
There would have been plenty of toilet paper for everybody if so many people hadn't
bought much more than they would need in a year. Once this crisis is over, tp sales
will likely be low since hoarders will still be so overstocked.
Larc
Next the hoarders are going to be rushing out to fill their freezers
with enough meat to last a year. You watch. Yesterday the news hit
that several meat packing plants have been hit with the coronavirus.
No doubt a shortage will be coming within a week or two and meat
prices will skyrocket.
Patrick Finucane
2020-04-25 03:51:01 UTC

I think you are right, Zob. Meat will be getting an increase in price soon
Giggles
2020-04-27 02:37:06 UTC

People are buying freezers. Who would have imagined that freezers would be as hard to find as toilet paper? Strange times.
Zob
2020-04-27 02:46:46 UTC
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 19:37:06 -0700 (PDT), Giggles
Post by Giggles
Post by Zob
Post by Larc
| > http://youtu.be/wfrs6kg8uaI
|
| I've seen toilet paper earings too. When this is all over, if I survive, I'm thinking of having a roll bronzed and made into a trophy that says "I survived the toilet paper shortage of 2020...and oh yeah...pandemic too."
Survival is good. :)
There would have been plenty of toilet paper for everybody if so many people hadn't
bought much more than they would need in a year. Once this crisis is over, tp sales
will likely be low since hoarders will still be so overstocked.
Larc
Next the hoarders are going to be rushing out to fill their freezers
with enough meat to last a year. You watch. Yesterday the news hit
that several meat packing plants have been hit with the coronavirus.
No doubt a shortage will be coming within a week or two and meat
prices will skyrocket.
People are buying freezers. Who would have imagined that freezers would be as hard to find as toilet paper? Strange times.
Wow, that never even occurred to me since we already have a big
upright freezer -- that we keep out on our front porch like a bunch of
rednecks, lol.
Patrick Finucane
2020-05-04 19:42:54 UTC

I just read Costco and Kroger are limiting how much meat people can buy. Interesting
Patrick Finucane
2020-05-01 00:15:10 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by Larc
| > http://youtu.be/wfrs6kg8uaI
|
| I've seen toilet paper earings too. When this is all over, if I survive, I'm thinking of having a roll bronzed and made into a trophy that says "I survived the toilet paper shortage of 2020...and oh yeah...pandemic too."
Survival is good. :)
There would have been plenty of toilet paper for everybody if so many people hadn't
bought much more than they would need in a year. Once this crisis is over, tp sales
will likely be low since hoarders will still be so overstocked.
Larc
Next the hoarders are going to be rushing out to fill their freezers
with enough meat to last a year. You watch. Yesterday the news hit
that several meat packing plants have been hit with the coronavirus.
No doubt a shortage will be coming within a week or two and meat
prices will skyrocket.
I like this guy Beau of the Fifth column. He looks like a hillbilly but he is a bit of a brain. He makes you think. His comments on meat in this vid are worth listening to, Zob. The vid is about supply chains, not music. But you learn something so what the hell.