Hollywood Week - I'm confused
2020-03-17 03:41:07 UTC
OK, admittedly I'm only about 15 minutes into my recording of the
Hollywood Week AI episode -- and I'm fast-forwarding through the
repeated backstories. And maybe it will become clearer, but I'm
confused about the process. They began by saying that the auditionees
were being divided into categories with singer/songwriters going
first. But everybody is singing covers of popular songs? How does
that make sense?
Zob
2020-03-17 05:06:20 UTC
Post by Zob
OK, admittedly I'm only about 15 minutes into my recording of the
Hollywood Week AI episode -- and I'm fast-forwarding through the
repeated backstories. And maybe it will become clearer, but I'm
confused about the process. They began by saying that the auditionees
were being divided into categories with singer/songwriters going
first. But everybody is singing covers of popular songs? How does
that make sense?
Never mind the above.

All I can say after watching the whole episode is... although Ryan
Seacrest says it ever year, I do believe that this may truly be the
most all around talented group of contestants in American Idol
history. Wow! At this point instead of one or two favorites I have
about a dozen.
d***@gmail.com
2020-03-17 05:15:16 UTC
Post by Zob
All I can say after watching the whole episode is... although Ryan
Seacrest says it ever year, I do believe that this may truly be the
most all around talented group of contestants in American Idol
history. Wow! At this point instead of one or two favorites I have
about a dozen.
And this is a season which may literally never happen. Ouch.

Mike
Zob
2020-03-17 05:41:37 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by Zob
All I can say after watching the whole episode is... although Ryan
Seacrest says it ever year, I do believe that this may truly be the
most all around talented group of contestants in American Idol
history. Wow! At this point instead of one or two favorites I have
about a dozen.
And this is a season which may literally never happen. Ouch.
Mike
I'm hoping they'll go on with the show without the live audience. It
might even be an improvement.
Larc
2020-03-17 13:50:54 UTC
On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 01:41:37 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 22:15:16 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com
| wrote:
|
| >On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 10:06:22 PM UTC-7, Zob wrote:
| >
| >> All I can say after watching the whole episode is... although Ryan
| >> Seacrest says it ever year, I do believe that this may truly be the
| >> most all around talented group of contestants in American Idol
| >> history. Wow! At this point instead of one or two favorites I have
| >> about a dozen.
| >
| >And this is a season which may literally never happen. Ouch.
| >
| >Mike
|
| I'm hoping they'll go on with the show without the live audience. It
| might even be an improvement.

For added improvement, maybe they can omit the judges. But it will be a real shame
if they can't come up with a way to keep this season going. I heard singers last
night who already sound better than some established pros.

Larc
Zob
2020-03-17 18:26:17 UTC
On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 09:50:54 -0400, Larc <***@notmyaddress.com>
wrote:

<snip>
Post by Larc
But it will be a real shame
if they can't come up with a way to keep this season going. I heard singers last
night who already sound better than some established pros.
+1