Gambling Just Took A Hit
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-21 18:38:06 UTC
Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler.

zob
2020-03-22 20:50:58 UTC
Post by Patrick Finucane
Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler. http://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo
R.I.P. Kenny :-(
--
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
The_LA_Flash
2020-03-23 15:28:59 UTC
Post by Patrick Finucane
Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler. http://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo
I know Kenny made a lot more music than just The Gambler but to me he was a one hit wonder. I seem to recall to did something with L. Richie, do you remember what it was? They won some kind of award...
Larc
2020-03-23 16:21:57 UTC
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:28:59 -0700 (PDT), The_LA_Flash <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

| On Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 11:38:08 AM UTC-7, Patrick Finucane wrote:
| > Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler. http://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo
|
| I know Kenny made a lot more music than just The Gambler but to me he was a one hit wonder. I seem to recall to did something with L. Richie, do you remember what it was? They won some kind of award...

"Lady"?

Larc
The_LA_Flash
2020-03-23 16:44:25 UTC

Good pull, that's it, thanks.
The_LA_Flash
2020-03-23 16:53:16 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Post by Larc
| > Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler. http://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo
|
| I know Kenny made a lot more music than just The Gambler but to me he was a one hit wonder. I seem to recall to did something with L. Richie, do you remember what it was? They won some kind of award...
"Lady"?
Larc
http://youtu.be/WI2CvL6UYvE
Good pull, that's it, thanks.
If my memory is correct, I think the 2 of them had a little falling out over something that caused them not to speak to each other for years so when they finally decided to bury the past and start to speak again that explains why they were so happy hugging each other on stage...
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-23 20:54:33 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Post by Patrick Finucane
Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler. http://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo
I know Kenny made a lot more music than just The Gambler but to me he was a one hit wonder. I seem to recall to did something with L. Richie, do you remember what it was? They won some kind of award...
During the hippy dippy days. I used to get stoned to this Kenny Roger's song.

Zob
2020-03-24 07:05:07 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Post by Patrick Finucane
Kenny Rogers, RIP. The Gambler. http://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo
I know Kenny made a lot more music than just The Gambler but to me he was a one hit wonder. I seem to recall to did something with L. Richie, do you remember what it was? They won some kind of award...
Wow, Kenny Rogers had a whole string of hits in the 60's, 70's &
80's.

I remember so vividly when I was 15 years old in 1967 during the
VVietnam war, listening to the only local popular music radio station
on my beloved transistor radio as they played Kenny Rogers and the
First Edition's "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town" constantly. It
was a song with an ironic twist about a paralyzed war vet whose wife
walks out on him because he can no longer meet her needs.
Then that same year was Kenny's "Reuben James." And a few years
later, "Lucille" which became an instant classic and is still sung 45
years later at karaoke bars. Then there was the "Coward of the
County"". And "Thrugh The Years"; the beautiful, "She Believes in Me"
and "You Decorated My Life." And who hasn't heard Kenny Rogers'
enduring classic "Lady?"
Or his two smash hit duets: "Every Time Two Fools Collide", his #1
duet with the late great Dottie West. And the iconic "Islands In The
Stream" with Dolly Parton, my personal favorite.

All these songs were all so much a part of my life that I guess it
seems funny to me to read that someone has only heard, "The Gambler."
He was anything but a "one hit wonder." I guess we listened to
different radio stations.
The_LA_Flash
Good pull my bad, yes I've heard of "Lucille" and "Lady" those are very good songs.
Zob
2020-03-24 14:27:40 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Post by Patrick Finucane
[...]
Our local radio station was kind of unusual. They played popular
current hits from several genres... pop, country as well as classic
oldies mixed in. So I probably just heard more of the classic country
music like this than you did