Tonight's the night
Larc
2021-02-14 15:39:40 UTC
Happy St. Valentine's Day!

American Idol kicks off at 8PM EST on ABC. I'll be watching the first hour, but
other programming will probably draw me away at 9. Maybe it's because of COVID and
other messes of the time, but I'm less excited about this season so far than I've
been for any of its predecessors. Things will hopefully happen to change that, but
I'm not holding my breath.

Larc
Lesmond
2021-02-15 01:41:51 UTC
Post by Larc
Happy St. Valentine's Day!
American Idol kicks off at 8PM EST on ABC. I'll be watching the first hour, but
other programming will probably draw me away at 9. Maybe it's because of COVID and
other messes of the time, but I'm less excited about this season so far than I've
been for any of its predecessors. Things will hopefully happen to change that, but
I'm not holding my breath.
.

I'll be watching a bit later...but I'm here!
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.
Tin@
I gave up TV a year and a half ago, so I'm not watching
Tin@
Did get to see Claudia Conway, Kelly Anne Conway's daughter. She was okay, I wouldn't have put her through, her voice was weak, but good. Maybe with some coaching she can improve. Loved dad crying. What is Katy wearing????? (Facebook has excerpts)
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-16 16:12:26 UTC
Huh, we found a common ground to agree on, if I were judging for the best singers I agree with you but if I were looking for higher TV ratings I would have put her through in a heart-beat. Of course while I agree with you I think the REAL reason you wouldn't have put her through is because she has spoken out against her mom, if not for that you would have put her through, I'm just saying....
Tin@
2021-02-18 01:11:44 UTC
No, I think her voice is weak, maybe with vocal training, she would be better. Her issues with her mom are hers, not mine. I agree they put her on for higher ratings.
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-16 15:57:49 UTC
SAY WHAT???? Huh, how about that, then how do you watch your 49ers? That's great discipline, congrats on that, the only time I give up TV is when I'm in a foreign country, I've gone weeks without turning a TV on in a hotel. Back in the day if I had posted "I gave up TV a year and a half ago" you would have been killing me calling me too cheap to pay the high price of DirecTV, but I'll take the high road not call you cheap.
Tin@
2021-02-18 01:09:52 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Post by Tin@
I gave up TV a year and a half ago, so I'm not watching
SAY WHAT???? Huh, how about that, then how do you watch your 49ers? That's great discipline, congrats on that, the only time I give up TV is when I'm in a foreign country, I've gone weeks without turning a TV on in a hotel. Back in the day if I had posted "I gave up TV a year and a half ago" you would have been killing me calling me too cheap to pay the high price of DirecTV, but I'll take the high road not call you cheap.
I'm not cheap to not want to pay for something I don't use. I had a DVR full of shows I NEVER watched. Before Covid, I was so busy going to concerts and out with my friends, I was never home and other than the news, which I watch online, I didn't watch anything else, so why pay $90 a month for something I dont use? That's a concert ticket! I don't miss it one bit, although with Covid, I probably would have watched it a bit more. I saw a few 49er games at my local bar, when they were open for outside dining, watched a few online. Nothing much to see there this last season anyhow..... plus not diggin' the whole BLM anti American crap going on in sports. And I discovered I can watch a lot more stuff on you tube than I knew you could. I've also gotten very involved in church and I bought a gun, so I learned how to use that.....so...life's been good.

How are you doing not being able to travel....or are you? I had a cruise to Alaska planned for last June. I, luckily got my money back and now I fear I will be forced to get the vaccine in order to go....which I won't be getting.
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-19 21:12:01 UTC
I got back from Argentina, Uruguay and Chile in Dec 2019 and I have not been anywhere since, it's been a bummer sitting out the whole 2020 year but now that I got my second COVID vaccine in mid January I'm ready to hit the road and travel as soon as other countries will allow Americans in. My goal is to take 3 vacations this year since I didn't take any real vacation time off last year. I'm currently at 46 counties, if I'm able to take 3 trips this year I hope to visit close to 10 new counties this year, to keep pace with my goal to visit 100 counties within the next 8 years. I'm surprised you're not interested in getting the shot, what's your reason?
Tin@
2021-02-20 02:56:15 UTC
I just don't trust it and since it's not much more than a flu shot, which I never get, what's the point? All it does is keep you from getting serious symptoms, IF you get it and since I have a healthy immune system, I'm good. Plus I feel it is a form of control.
Larc
2021-02-20 15:15:02 UTC
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:56:15 -0800 (PST), "Tin@" <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| I just don't trust it and since it's not much more than a flu shot, which I never get, what's the point? All it does is keep you from getting serious symptoms, IF you get it and since | I have a healthy immune system, I'm good. Plus I feel it is a form of control.

I just got my 2nd COVID shot last Thursday (Pfizer). No negatives so far. Even if
it protects me only a little, that's better than nothing. Also, I get an annual flu
shot and haven't had flu even once since I started getting the shot about 25 years
ago. No colds either, but I think that may be because I had so many when I was young
that I built up a rock solid immunity.

Larc
Tin@
2021-02-20 21:56:51 UTC
But some side effects, including death, that some have had, aren't worth the risk vs point of getting it for me. I work with the public, have seen my friends as much as I can and yet <knock on wood> have managed to steer clear of it. So, I'm just not that worried.
Zob
2021-02-21 22:53:04 UTC
Zob
2021-02-21 22:45:23 UTC
Post by Tin@
I just don't trust it and since it's not much more than a flu shot, which I never get, what's the point? All it does is keep you from getting serious symptoms, IF you get it and since I have a healthy immune system, I'm good. Plus I feel it is a form of control.
You're truly mentally ill and have been brainwashed.
Get help.
Tin@
2021-02-22 02:13:59 UTC
Really? Who brainwashed me and how so? I know I'm not living in fear of this getting me. I realize YOU have health issues, so I get your fear, but I refuse to live that way. You do you, boo. You can deny the facts, that people HAVE died, that people HAVE gotten Bells Palsy, but I do follow the news and no, not FOX news, as has been already stated, I don't have TV. Oh and I missed you responding to why I have a gun. Are you going to tell me how I'm not a Christian, because I choose to protect myself? Some people never change, luckily, your opinions have no value in my life.
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-23 00:44:41 UTC
I agree with you, you know your body better than anyone so if you don't want to get the vaccine you shouldn't be shamed into getting it so I don't think you're brainwashed because of that. Having said that my question is do you believe the election was rigged against/stolen from Trump?
Tin@
2021-02-25 00:06:01 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
[...]
Oh sweetie, I'm not talking politics in this forum. Whether is was or not changes nothing, so what does it matter?

And for ZOB:

WHY I WON'T TAKE THE COVID VACCINE!
Someone summed the Covid vaccine questions perfectly. What is the end game?
Something to think about...(and I am not against people getting the vaccine)
Ok, so remind me again what is the purpose of being vaccinated against COVID-19?
"THINK" about these statements!!
"If I get vaccinated":
1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?
Government: No
2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?
Government: No
3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it
4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?
Government Response - No, it doesn't stop transmission.
5.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?
Government: No
6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?
Government: No
7.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandparents, can we hug each other?
Government: No
8.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums operate as per normal thanks to vaccines?
Government: No
9.- What is the benefit of the vaccine?
Government Response - Hoping the virus won't kill you.
10.- Are you sure it won't kill me?
Government: No
11.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway (99.7% survival rate) ... Why would I get vaccinated?"
Government Response - To protect others.
12.- So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?
Government: No
13. - Can you guarantee that I won't experience adverse affects from taking the vaccine or die from the vaccine itself?
Government Response - No
14. - Since you're encouraging every American to get vaccinated then when people experience severe adverse reactions, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will they or their families be compensated?
Government response: NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability in experimental stages.
15. -How long does the vaccine last?
Government response- we aren't sure.
So to summarize, the Covid19 vaccine...
Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won't get it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-25 00:19:49 UTC
Oh sweetie, I'm not talking politics in this forum. Whether is was or not changes nothing, so what does it matter?
It matters only from the standpoint to determine if you're "brainwashed" or not, that's all. You said you watch things on YouTube, do you watch Amy's channel? I ask because I know you listen to M&L's podcast.
Tin@
2021-02-25 00:38:48 UTC
Post by The_LA_Flash
Oh sweetie, I'm not talking politics in this forum. Whether is was or not changes nothing, so what does it matter?
It matters only from the standpoint to determine if you're "brainwashed" or not, that's all. You said you watch things on YouTube, do you watch Amy's channel? I ask because I know you listen to M&L's podcast.
Cuz I can't have an opinion without being brainwashed? If you go along with the crowd, are you brainwashed? If you think for yourself, are you brainwashed? I make my decisions based on what I see, hear, read and what makes sense to me. I don't just go along to go along, after all these years, you should know that.

I didn't even know Amy had a channel and I don't listen to M & L's podcast either. I'm not much of a podcast person. For a while, Saturdays at noon, M & L did Instagram live where Mark painted, he's really good!

I watch The Remnant, my church and things that look interesting on YT.
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-25 02:57:26 UTC
Cuz I can't have an opinion without being brainwashed? If you go along with the crowd, are you brainwashed? If you think for yourself, are you brainwashed? I make my decisions based on what I see, hear, read and what makes sense to me. I don't just go along to go along, after all these years, you should know that.
That's good, that is what I do too, over the summer I joined a sports group on Facebook and since sports wasn't really happening at that time the topics turned to politics, I called it in the summer, how the election was going to turn out and I was being killed for it day after day by the guys that were dead set they would be right, I was called every name in the book but I stuck to my guns and afterwards I turned out to be right. A lot of those people that were against me have left the group like a bunch of ants at a picnic once the food was taken away.

Speaking of YT, I came across this lady's YT channel that reminded me a lot of about 15 years ago, with the same energy level, gift of gab and enthusiasm so much so I wonder if she could be related to you. Here's her channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVDN6LwxDRnzrE5b2wtARnA
Tin@
2021-02-25 12:37:03 UTC
Why would you think she's related to me???
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-25 15:35:00 UTC
Did you even click on her channel??? Also she lives in the OC/LA area.
Tin@
2021-02-26 01:37:30 UTC
I did, I still don't get the connection
The_LA_Flash
2021-02-26 02:16:34 UTC
Well then I can't help you.
Tin@
2021-02-26 02:39:30 UTC
okay
Michael Falkner
2021-02-27 01:14:45 UTC
Post by Tin@
1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?
Government: No
Because you can still carry the virus while your immune system is dealing with it.
Post by Tin@
2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?
Government: No
Because of the covidiots, it's going to be at least another year, if not two.
Post by Tin@
3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it
Again, because there's probably 30-40% of the US population who will sod off and not get this done.
Post by Tin@
4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?
Government Response - No, it doesn't stop transmission.
Which is why...
Post by Tin@
5.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?
Government: No
And #1 as well.
Post by Tin@
6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?
Government: No
You really want to stop disinfecting your hands?? Even as someone who used to be lax about it, I noticed that extra sanitizer and the like would help when I caught the "con plague" after events I attended.
Post by Tin@
7.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandparents, can we hug each other?
Government: No
Again, you still can transmit, and you're also making sure you can't transmit to everyone else around you. Why are you not getting this?
Post by Tin@
8.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums operate as per normal thanks to vaccines?
Government: No
Nor should they!!! We are at least another year, if not two, before this should even be DISCUSSED.
Post by Tin@
9.- What is the benefit of the vaccine?
Government Response - Hoping the virus won't kill you.
Ding. Which is about all you can do right now, unless you want to kill someone and not have to fire a shot in anger to do so.
Post by Tin@
10.- Are you sure it won't kill me?
Government: No
Unless you believe the risk of the vaccine is greater than the risk of the virus -- and if you think this is a fake scam/plandemic, then that has ramifications FAR beyond this discussion. (Consider China and it's social-credit scores, as an example.)
Post by Tin@
11.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway (99.7% survival rate) ... Why would I get vaccinated?"
Government Response - To protect others.
Exactly!! There are things I'd love to be doing the last year and probably the next one, but I also have a high-risk friend I'm taking care of -- and I'm high-risk too.
Post by Tin@
12.- So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?
Government: No
Which is why they still want you to reduce the number of people you come in contact with -- you think this is any degree of accident otherwise?
Post by Tin@
13. - Can you guarantee that I won't experience adverse affects from taking the vaccine or die from the vaccine itself?
Government Response - No
See #9 and #10.
Post by Tin@
14. - Since you're encouraging every American to get vaccinated then when people experience severe adverse reactions, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will they or their families be compensated?
Government response: NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability in experimental stages.
Do you want the life you had a year ago back, or anything close to it?
Post by Tin@
15. -How long does the vaccine last?
Government response- we aren't sure.
You are dealing with a bioweapon here.
Post by Tin@
So to summarize, the Covid19 vaccine...
Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won't get it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.
Because of covidiots and the fact they won't do what needs to get done.

Mike
Tin@
Kool aid drinker
Ron C
2021-02-28 00:23:19 UTC
Post by Tin@
Post by Tin@
So to summarize, the Covid19 vaccine...
Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won't get it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.
Because of covidiots and the fact they won't do what needs to get done.
Mike
Kool aid drinker
Yo Tin@
You seem to have awakened the woke trolls. :-)
They're getting hard to avoid these days. :-(
As always, just be you.
Ah, but you already know that...
--
==
Later...
Tin@
2021-02-28 05:31:32 UTC
Post by Tin@
Post by Tin@
[...]
Hey there, stranger, long, long time!

Zob
2021-02-20 01:31:11 UTC
I I've also gotten very involved in church and I bought a gun, so I learned how to use that....
That is such a bizarre sentence. Everything that Jesus taught was the
antithesis of using guns: "Love your enemies." "If a man asks for
your coat give him your shirt also." "if a man strikes you on the
cheek, turn the other one also." "Do not resist an evil person" etc.

Seriously, how is being a follower of Christ compatible with using a
deadly weapon? I'd really like to know, because as a Christian I've
never understood that.
Tin@
Well because I live in a stupid state where they don't imprison rapists, murderers and other violent felons, or if so, briefly, and they also want to defund the police, so what, I should just let someone rape and kill me? Have you ever call 911? I have twice, once when my detached garage on fire, once when someone outside was crying out for help.....both times, it rang literally more than a dozen times. I could be dead before the phone is answered, let alone help actually sent. You let me know when you have to face that. God gave us brains, we're supposed to use them. I would ONLY use a gun if someone broke into my house and I am properly trained to use it. Tell me what is un Christian like to protect myself. I'm not some gun toting vigilante. I am a single woman, living alone in a town that can not always be safe, in a state that votes morons into office.
Zob
2021-02-15 03:35:03 UTC
Post by Larc
Happy St. Valentine's Day!
American Idol kicks off at 8PM EST on ABC. I'll be watching the first hour, but
other programming will probably draw me away at 9. Maybe it's because of COVID and
other messes of the time, but I'm less excited about this season so far than I've
been for any of its predecessors. Things will hopefully happen to change that, but
I'm not holding my breath.
Larc
I thought it was a good start to a new season. I was glad to see that
the auditions were in person with only a moderate nod to the
coronavirus precautions (social distancing; the judges not allowed to
approach or touch the contestants -- which they shouldn't do anyway).
There were some really great voices in the mix. I'm looking forward
to it now because the low expectations that I had going into this
season were exceeded in the first show.
The_LA_Flash
My 2 favorite singers of the night were the girl that is friends with former A.I. contestant James, she has pipes, I haven't heard a white girl sing like that on A.I. since season #3 Diana DeGarmo, I wish her well. My other favorite on the night was the little black girl whose hair looked like Mickey Mouse ears, she is the one that walked in when Luke tipped Katy over like a cow, that girl has a GREAT voice. I think the old man's Navy daughter should have been put through BEFORE the Conway girl if we are just going by singing voice alone. Even though I don't like Country music, I liked the boy that was 17 years old going on 60, when you look up "old soul" in the dictionary his picture should be there, it was like he was channeling only country stars like Johnny Cash, Buck Owens and Roy Clark.
The_LA_Flash
I mostly DVR everything and watch it later in the week but since I had Monday off I decided to watch the show an hour after it started so I could DVR through it if it started to suck but the show was overall pretty good and kept my attention, the only part I had to speed through on the DVR was the guy in his little swimsuit. I'm looking forward to this season if it was as good as the first show.
Zob
2021-02-16 22:49:57 UTC
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 07:41:02 -0800 (PST), The_LA_Flash
Post by Larc
Happy St. Valentine's Day!
<snip>
Post by Larc
the only part I had to speed through on the DVR was the guy in his little swimsuit. I'm looking forward to this season if it was as good as the first show.
About that guy in the speedo...

That was one of the bizarre things about American Idol this season.
Remember how in the past they always checked the contestants' social
media, etc., and wouldn't let anyone on the show that had nude
pictures, etc. on the internet? There was a girl a few years ago (I
don't remember her name) that got kicked off the show when they found
that there was a picture of her on the web with bare breasts. And
there was a huge to-do over Adam Lambert having an old picture on the
internet of him *gasp* kissing another man.

Well, back to speedo guy: His name is Mario Adrion. They said he was
a model. Well, er... um... yeah, he's actually a "model" on
subscription porn websites like "Onlyfans" and in hard core gay porn
videos.

Look at his YouTube channel; the cleanest thing I could find a link
to. How in the world did American Idol allow him to audition? IDK,
maybe they'll doing anything for ratings now.
https://www.youtube.com/marioadrion