American Idol live shows and the coronavirus
2020-03-10 16:26:04 UTC
I'm wondering if American Idol will follow suit like some other live
shows filmed in Los Angeles (Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune for starters)
and conduct the live shows without an audience. And if not, how they
will handle it.
Patrick Finucane
I think it might be based n\on the insurance policy of each show
Larc
2020-03-11 14:39:19 UTC
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:26:04 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| I'm wondering if American Idol will follow suit like some other live
| shows filmed in Los Angeles (Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune for starters)
| and conduct the live shows without an audience. And if not, how they
| will handle it.

It would be great if coronavirus peaks before live shows are scheduled to start on
April 12. But no audience for live shows does equal no swaybots, so there's at least
that. Another concern, though, is how the virus might affect contestants and staff.
I'd hate to see a need to pull the plug altogether.

Larc
Giggles
They could have a "facetime" audience. Fill the audience with iPads and let the audience attend that way. But what about the judges? Katy is pregnant, Lionel is elderly, and Luke has had enough loss in his family. Then there are the contestants. Someone always gets sick each season. Someone who just has a cold could get eliminated out of fear. And then there is Ryan. He flies back and forth each week from New York to LA. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.
d***@gmail.com
2020-03-12 06:43:59 UTC
State of California has just banned all public gatherings over 250 people.

Now, this doesn't affect Idol _YET_, as this first directive is only til the end of March.

Stay tuned, however.

Mike
The_LA_Flash
2020-03-13 14:19:32 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
State of California has just banned all public gatherings over 250 people.
Now, this doesn't affect Idol _YET_, as this first directive is only til the end of March.
Stay tuned, however.
Mike
It's official, the shows that they were going to tape this weekend for AGT are officially canceled.