About the AI results 5/2...
2021-05-03 02:47:36 UTC
Well, I'm back to screaming at my television again. If I didn't know
any better, I'd think that the old "Vote For The Worst" movement was
back again.

First, the ones who never should have been voted into the top 7 IMO:

-- Caleb Kennedy is the worst country singer American Idol has ever
had in the top 24, let alone the top 7. He's just awful, and he has
the personality of a tree stump. Whoever is voting for him sure isn't
basing it on his voice -- or any modicum of star quality. He is
exactly what Simon Cowell used to describe as "a karaoke singer."
-- Arthur Gunn? Seriously? WTH? He still looks like he smells bad
and needs to bathe. For crying out loud, you're on national
television. If you don't want to shave, at least clean up a little
and trim your hair and facial hair instead of looking like you just
rolled out of bed with a hangover after a three-night bender. And I
just can't imagine that many Idol voters actually think he has a great
voice? SMH.
-- Chayce Beckham is simply forgettable. Five minutes later I can
never remember what he sang. He's a nice guy and sings OK. But I just
don't see the star quality.
-- It's a good thing for Hunter Metts that he's pretty, because he'd
never make it on his singing voice alone. Like Caleb, he has a
karaoke voice. Meh.

And two who IMO should have been in the top 7 were:

-- Deshawn Goncalves. For the past two weeks he has been really
great. I can't understand why more people didn't vote for him. I
looked forward to seeing him, and he didn't disappoint. Memorable.
I could see him touring with Scott Bradlee and PostModern Jukebox.
-- Alyssa Wray was incredible tonight. Her voice was gorgeous, and in
places there was a hint of it even being downright operatic. And she
looked like a movie star. I was incredulous that she didn't make the
top 7. She wasn't voted through and Arthur Gunn and Caleb were?
Seriously?
I think the judges were taken aback that Deshawn and Alyssa didn't
make it and the last one voted through was Arthur . Lionel and Luke
both looked shocked and were obviously very unhappy. Katy smiled
weakly and clapped politely.

*SIGH* Same show, different season. This is one of the weakest
overall top 7 ever.
Larc
2021-05-03 13:46:31 UTC
On Sun, 02 May 2021 22:47:36 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| Well, I'm back to screaming at my television again. If I didn't know
| any better, I'd think that the old "Vote For The Worst" movement was
| back again.
|
| First, the ones who never should have been voted into the top 7 IMO:
|
| -- Caleb Kennedy is the worst country singer American Idol has ever
| had in the top 24, let alone the top 7. He's just awful, and he has
| the personality of a tree stump. Whoever is voting for him sure isn't
| basing it on his voice -- or any modicum of star quality. He is
| exactly what Simon Cowell used to describe as "a karaoke singer."
| -- Arthur Gunn? Seriously? WTH? He still looks like he smells bad
| and needs to bathe. For crying out loud, you're on national
| television. If you don't want to shave, at least clean up a little
| and trim your hair and facial hair instead of looking like you just
| rolled out of bed with a hangover after a three-night bender. And I
| just can't imagine that many Idol voters actually think he has a great
| voice? SMH.
| -- Chayce Beckham is simply forgettable. Five minutes later I can
| never remember what he sang. He's a nice guy and sings OK. But I just
| don't see the star quality.
| -- It's a good thing for Hunter Metts that he's pretty, because he'd
| never make it on his singing voice alone. Like Caleb, he has a
| karaoke voice. Meh.
|
| And two who IMO should have been in the top 7 were:
|
| -- Deshawn Goncalves. For the past two weeks he has been really
| great. I can't understand why more people didn't vote for him. I
| looked forward to seeing him, and he didn't disappoint. Memorable.
| I could see him touring with Scott Bradlee and PostModern Jukebox.
| -- Alyssa Wray was incredible tonight. Her voice was gorgeous, and in
| places there was a hint of it even being downright operatic. And she
| looked like a movie star. I was incredulous that she didn't make the
| top 7. She wasn't voted through and Arthur Gunn and Caleb were?
| Seriously?
| I think the judges were taken aback that Deshawn and Alyssa didn't
| make it and the last one voted through was Arthur . Lionel and Luke
| both looked shocked and were obviously very unhappy. Katy smiled
| weakly and clapped politely.
|
| *SIGH* Same show, different season. This is one of the weakest
| overall top 7 ever.

I agree with everything you said. Deshawn was one of my favorites from the start.
Caleb is a joke. It won't surprise me if Arthur Gunn wins. Then his career won't
progress any farther than it did when he was runnerup last season. He totally ruined
"Remember Me" last night. The "melody" he sang sounded nothing like the song.

If Idol can't produce a better show, then I'd prefer ABC to just hang it up. Ratings
set a low record the last Monday night they were on, so Monday nights are gone now.
Maybe some (like me) were unhappy about seeing contestants from last season show up
to throw a monkey wrench into this season.

Larc