AMerican Idol Top 20 ... er, 21
2020-04-06 04:16:37 UTC
Ryan Seacrest usually says this every year... but I really do think
that this season has the best overall talent in the top 20, with the
possible exceptions of seasons 4 and 5.

It's kind of weird the way it worked out in our current circumstances
that we had to vote for the 20th singer between Grace and Lauren, and
we won't find out for months which one of them was put through. They
were both terrific but I voted for Lauren, mainly because I'm a sucker
for a throwback classic country singer. But IMO both should have been
put through and it should have been a couple of the others who were
put on the block. Oh, well.

Does anybody have any idea what American Idol's "This is Me" parts #1
and #2 are that will be airing the next couple of Sundays? I don't
recall it being mentioned on the air; I just saw it Tivo's guide.
Without knowing, my guess would be that they're going to show a bunch
of the backstory videos, maybe hosted by Ryan Seacrest and/or Bobby
Bones from their homes?
Giggles
2020-04-06 05:35:48 UTC
Post by Zob
[...]
I wanted the guy with the long braids to go through. The kid was just trying to show his range. The crowd ate it up. Katy is just "jellus". I missed the voting for the 20th person thing. I don't know if there is anyone I'd call unique enough to be the winner. I need to hear them all again back-to-back. Maybe that's what they are doing the next two weeks. Letting us get to know the top 20. So if there are two more shows, then maybe they will announce the 20th person.