American Idol shuts down production
Larc
2020-03-18 14:08:24 UTC
Damn! We could see it coming. Idol has suspended this season and sent the
contestants home. Suspended doesn't necessarily mean cancelled, so maybe they can
pick back up with the same contestants later. Since they were previously recorded,
episodes will continue to air through March 29. Recording of the semifinals was
suspended before it was completed. They were scheduled to air starting March 30. So
we will get at least as far as the Top 20 reveal. There's speculation that ABC may
do something with semifinal performances already recorded.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/17/american-idol-postponed-delayed-coronavirus-suspends-production/

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/has-american-idol-been-cancelled-coronavirus.htm

Anybody interested in getting spoiled and learning names of the Top 20 can find the
list here:

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2020-spoilers-season-18-top-20-contestant-list.htm

Larc
The_LA_Flash
Double Damn!! Now we are going to have to depend on the spoilers to tell us what happens.
Zob
2020-03-19 03:53:56 UTC
Post by Larc
[...]
Darn. This season had the most promise in years.
Maybe they'll be able to pick it back up in the fall season. Hopefully
the coronavirus will be under control by then; there are promising
developments being reported in a vaccine development.
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-19 21:18:16 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by Larc
[...]
It's hard to predict the future. Maybe by then on the fall, the virus is ruling the world and humans are dying in droves. Like a Sci-Fi movie.

Hopefully man will win. We'll find a vaccine. Maybe. I am amazed the US, under virus contamination for 2 weeks, needs a stimulus package. Our finances are so fucked up. Under capitalism, the goal is to pay the person as little as possible so the company gets more money. So we pay people unlivable wages. And now they think a $1,000 check will make us all all right. STUPID.

I am tired of my "betters", that shit like I do and put on pants like I do, think they are better than all of us. Screw them.
d***@gmail.com
2020-03-19 23:00:48 UTC
Post by Patrick Finucane
Post by Zob
Post by Larc
[...]
The check basically moves the timeframe backward. It allows enough of the infrastructure in place that you go from 4-6 weeks until utter disaster (which was basically now KNOW won't be solved by then) to probably 3-6 months.

Yes, Universal Basic Income, on top of whatever benefits are already out there, is almost required at this point. If you don't do that, your best bet is to publicly proclaim decisions are going to be made on who lives and who dies NOW (rather than six months or so) and actually effect those decisions.

If that happens, been good knowing you all, because I will be one of those gone.

Mike
Zob
2020-03-21 02:28:51 UTC
I bet Andrew Yang feels a certain amount of schadenfreude right now.
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-21 15:49:57 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by d***@gmail.com
Yes, Universal Basic Income, on top of whatever benefits are already out there, is almost required at this point.
I bet Andrew Yang feels a certain amount of schadenfreude right now.
I was thinking the same. The Yang Gang is on the right track.

I can't get over the greed, the diseased minds of some. Those 4 politicians selling off millions in stock to get a few more bucks. How despicable. How low can one go. As if they are hurting for eating a steak. Or even caviar. These are rich people that think they are our betters. They aren't my betters. They are my worsers. They are horrible, profiting off of death and disease. Insider trading simply says CHEATER to me. May they resign in disgrace. They have their millions. They'll survive.
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-21 18:56:27 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by d***@gmail.com
Yes, Universal Basic Income, on top of whatever benefits are already out there, is almost required at this point.
I bet Andrew Yang feels a certain amount of schadenfreude right now.
Zob, there's this guy Beau of the Fifth Column. He looks like a real hayseed but he is a good speaker. Intelligent. Here's an example of his ideas.

Patrick Finucane
2020-03-22 01:23:11 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by d***@gmail.com
Yes, Universal Basic Income, on top of whatever benefits are already out there, is almost required at this point.
I bet Andrew Yang feels a certain amount of schadenfreude right now.
Zob, I keep reading the Senate is planning on a billion dollar stimulus package. I figure the US's population is 350 million people. And they are talking $1,200 dollar checks per person. That comes out to 420 billion. Multiply Bernie Maddoff sized con in the US's future.

I find it interesting the US generates that much cash. Lot's of people make over $1,200 in a month. How much is really generated?

Anyway, I smell a financial turd coming out way.
zob
2020-03-22 21:04:33 UTC
Now even the Republicans are talking two TRILLION for a bailout.
Probably needed to keep a massive number of people from being
homeless and starving with so many businesses shutting down. And
it's not just us, it's global. How will the world economy ever
recover form the financial disaster brought on by this global
pandemic?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
2020-03-23 03:19:50 UTC
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 18:23:11 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Finucane
Post by Patrick Finucane
Post by Zob
Post by d***@gmail.com
Yes, Universal Basic Income, on top of whatever benefits are already out there, is almost required at this point.
I bet Andrew Yang feels a certain amount of schadenfreude right now.
Zob, I keep reading the Senate is planning on a billion dollar stimulus package. I figure the US's population is 350 million people. And they are talking $1,200 dollar checks per person. That comes out to 420 billion. Multiply Bernie Maddoff sized con in the US's future.
I find it interesting the US generates that much cash. Lot's of people make over $1,200 in a month. How much is really generated?
Anyway, I smell a financial turd coming out way.
And here comes a great big heaping dose of conservative Republican
hypocrisy from the Senators as well as the President. We're only a
few months away from a national election. Most of them would normally
be screaming, cut entitlements! cut Medicare! cut Medicaid! cut
food stamps! cut FEMA! cut HUD housing! Instead, because their own
hypocritical voting block are affected by the pandemic (white blue
collar workers) the whole rancid bunch of them are grinning, reaching
into the nation's virtual overdrawn piggy bank and tossing fee cash
out like Trump was tossing rolls of paper towels to the crowd in
hurricane-devastated Puerto Rico.
Zob
2020-03-23 05:55:45 UTC
Post by Larc
[...]
After watching the Hollywood Week duets tonight I'm more disappointed
than ever that this, of all seasons, is cut short by the coronavirus
pandemic. There are many truly remarkable singers, more than in any
other American Idol season IMO. Yes, I have me individual favorites
from other seasons... but overall... wow. I hope they are able to
finish with the live shows when the pandemic thread is ended and
(hopefully) things get back to business as usual. If that is even
possible.
Patrick Finucane
2020-03-23 08:53:35 UTC
Post by Zob
Post by Larc
[...]
Hey Zob. Here's Neil Diamond's take on the virus.

Larc
2020-03-23 16:28:07 UTC
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 01:55:45 -0400, Zob <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

| After watching the Hollywood Week duets tonight I'm more disappointed
| than ever that this, of all seasons, is cut short by the coronavirus
| pandemic. There are many truly remarkable singers, more than in any
| other American Idol season IMO. Yes, I have me individual favorites
| from other seasons... but overall... wow. I hope they are able to
| finish with the live shows when the pandemic thread is ended and
| (hopefully) things get back to business as usual. If that is even
| possible.

I think tonight will make this season's quality even clearer. Unfortunately, nothing
I'm hearing now is sounding good for a later continuation with this same group. But
we can still hope.

Larc